Forum

Issue with my damage as scout? Connection issue?

Created 6th March 2015 @ 10:14

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

STOGE

TDP

I’ve noticed this reoccurring thing happening with the damage I’m dealing as Scout.
So sometimes I get the usual damage output, ranging from how far or close I am, but other times I get just straight up bullshit damage so I’m assuming something must be up.

I’ve lost count the amount of times I’ve been right next to someone on the opposing team, whether it’s in an official, mge, or a dm server; and I hit them for some obscure amount of damage…like fucking 7.

I put off posting about it for a while, but the other day the most bullshit thing ever happened. I joined a Highlander lobby that only needed a scout slot, everybody was just messing around so I just rolled with it and stuck the Force A Nature on. I flanked around the other team and got right behind the enemy teams Heavy, I then hit him for a whopping 10 damage…with the Force A Nature.

I think it’s related to my connection settings, but I really have no idea so I’d very much like if someone more knowledgeable can help me out.

Settings are:

cl_cmdrate 66 cl_interp 0 cl_interp_ratio 1 cl_lagcompensation 1 cl_pred_optimize 2 cl_smooth 0 cl_smoothtime 0.01 cl_updaterate 66 rate 60000

I don’t have the greatest ping, it averages between 50 – 80.

radu

Maybe try changing your interp for hitscan to 0.033 or even 0.05 .

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

type net_graph 3 in console, if the number saying “lerp” is yellow or if you are getting choke, you may well need to change your net settings, particularly raising cl_interp as stated above. If you aren’t getting either of those things then they may not be the problem.

Last edited by Zesty,

Phnx

cl_interp_ratio 2, if it still happen change to 3.
cl_interp on 0, or if you want to use it instead of ratio use 0.0303 or 0.045

STOGE

TDP

Was getting 1-3 choke in random increments.

I messed around with some net settings now I’m dealing so much damage, thanks a lot for the advice, although it was a relatively simple problem.

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Yea I’ve started noticing the same issue, sometimes shots that would normally cause AT LEAST 30 now cause 6 or 7 damage instead.

rockie

the thing you should mainly mind as scout is K/D so, good amount of kills and few deaths, damage comes after

repu

Quoted from rockie

the thing you should mainly mind as scout is K/D so, good amount of kills and few deaths, damage comes after

rock you cant kill shit if you deal 7 dmg with every shot smh

Last edited by repu,

AB

welcome to tf2

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Quoted from AB

welcome to tf2

STOGE

TDP

haha le toucan has arrived amiright guise?? xDDDDDDDD

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Probably just missed/xhair barely on target

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from smziii

Probably just missed/xhair barely on target

STOGE

TDP

No, it was an actual connection issue. What’s the point in dragging out this post any longer if you’re just going to ridicule me and post stupid shit.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

You do realise no one has ridiculed you?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »