Forum

fps_max

Created 17th February 2015 @ 05:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Selek

I am aware of interpolation and its resulting loss of image quality on LCDs. But what does that have to do with your (until now unsourced) claim that the PC will render an e.g. 1080p frame regardless of the LCD’s resolution and then downscale it to 720p, effectively giving a worse performance than running your LCD in its native resolution?

On some new GPUs you might get worse performance(FPS) if you use lower resolution,because it doesnt use the full performance of the GPU. Like you said on lower resolution theres less pixels to render so it puts the GPU kind of in idle state.
Then again TF2 is so CPU demanding that the difference isnt that big.
Myself got like 15more fps on native resolution when benchmarking demos

R4ndom

Devon

Which GPU is that?
And do you know anything about input lag on monitor scaling as well? :)

-edited

Last edited by R4ndom,

ninya

Team

I tried schocky’s recommendation of fps_max 600 for 120hz didn’t solve screen tearing for me plus the increased input lag was definitely noticeable. 
It may be be it only works on his system/configuration for some reason.

Setsul

Quoted from schocky

also do not understand why ppl downscale their resolution on a LCD…
if you change the resolution ingame the pc has to recalculate everything AGAIN to get the lower resolution.

Quoted from schocky

the lcd-screen has to interpolate the information so you can use that “custom” resolution which isn’t native :) (fact)

pc != lcd
The work is done by a hardware upscaler in the monitor, not by the pc. It won’t affect fps at all. The upscaler will add latency though.

@Tseini: idle states are controlled by load not by resolution. Also I’m guessing you changed the resolution in TF2, with the desktop resolution still being native.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
[…]
pc != lcd
The work is done by a hardware upscaler in the monitor, not by the pc. It won’t affect fps at all. The upscaler will add latency though.

@Tseini: idle states are controlled by load not by resolution. Also I’m guessing you changed the resolution in TF2, with the desktop resolution still being native.

Yes thats what i ment since who scales desktop resolution smaller ^^.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2