Forum

Anyone knows a hitmarker cfg or sth?

Created 21st January 2015 @ 19:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

Hello guys,

i want a hitmarker something similar like this: http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/sprites/534907c7c919c.jpg (whenever i hit a player)

is there anything available without installing a different HUD?

Last edited by nevier,

Roks

#FreePat

hi,

this is a hud thing called DamagedPlayer event, crosshair pulsing etc. Most of the huds (probably all of them at this point) are set up for users to customise this feature.

The files you’re going to have to edit can be found there -> custom/HUDFOLDER/scripts/ hudAnimations_tf.txt and hudlayout.res .

This could be a bit confusing if you’re doing this for the first time. Thankfully you can find some nice tutorials, guides, examples how to achieve your own hitmarker/pulsing hud crosshair.

EDIT———————–
Basically, what you want to do goes as follows:

open your hudlayout.res and hudanimations_tf files with notepad++

In hudlayout.res you have to find the crosshair what you like and set “enable” and “visible” to “1”. (If your hud doesn’t have your prefered crosshair installed, you’re going to have to install it, which is a whole new story worthy of its own tutorial)

In hudanimations_tf press CTRL+F and find “DamagedPlayer”. If its not there, paste this in your hudanimations_tf file

event DamagedPlayer
{
Animate CrosshairName FgColor “255 105 180 255” Linear 0.0 0.00001
Animate CrosshairName FgColor “255 255 255 255” Linear 0.10 0.10001
}

Change CrosshairName to the name of the crosshair that you have enabled in hudlayout.res

to change the animations colors, mess with the rgb values (FgColor “red green blue transparency“)

The first color is going to be the color of the hud crosshair when you damage the target, the second color indicates the corsshair color it is going to change to after a given time. Make the second color values “0 0 0 0″ and it will disappear just like a hitmarker.

These lines ” Linear 0.0 0.00001″ control the timing of color animations. I’m not sure about them myself, but you could play around with the numbers or find somebody who does understand this.

NOTE: use console command hud_reloadscheme in-game to reload the hud after you change some values in the hud files to check out the effects

Last edited by Roks,

nevier

(XD ͜ʖXD)

i will take a look at it. thanks for the answer!

edit: thank you a lot for this awesome small tutorial. i really appreciate it. trying to do it tomorrow

Last edited by nevier,

Add A Reply Pages: 1