Forum

Consistent crashing w/ Comanglia config

Created 27th November 2014 @ 19:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1

konr

http://pastebin.com/t70rTZxL

For some reason my game seems to consistently close itself after a bit of playing at least once a day. It doesn’t seem to do it twice, but let’s say I open it up at 7 to play some scrims, in the middle of the first game it will most likely just crash. The game will appear as if it’s frozen (I’ll see a freeze frame) but the sound will not continue to play. I have to alt tab out and close it in task manager and after opening it again it probably won’t happen again that night.

I know it’s this config because a few of my friends have used my config and have got the same issue, and even now a friend has used ONLY the config above and has also started getting crashes. Any idea what it could be?

konr

A guy on TFTV said “change r_queued_decals to 0” and I’ll try that out. So that anyone else that has this issue has something to reference I’ll post here if it works out.

flexu

Tryed the config out,seems to be really good but crashes like u said,changing the decals didnt help either
ill try to fix it when i have some time.

Last edited by flexu,

kindred

myx
SDCK!

all the r_queued and r_threaded commands can be related to crashes iirc

flexu

“mat_queue_mode 2” seems to fix the crashing problem,tested on two pc’s

AnimaL

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 // WARNING if you don’t have a Quad-Core CPU or better you SHOULD NOT LEAVE THIS ON
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 0 // DO NOT ENABLE cause crashes to desktop within 4-5 minutes of gameplay 4/18 2014
r_queued_decals 1 // lessens the impact of higher decal limits.
r_queued_ropes 1
r_queued_post_processing 1 // kind of pointless because it’s disabled above but if you do like post processing effects keeping this on should lessen the impact on framerate
r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1

all that shit will cause crashing dunno why u guys use it lol

if you want stable game, use the threading commands from chris cfg, if u dont care about crashing and want fps then these make sense i guess since they will increase fps but just by little

Last edited by AnimaL,

Comanglia

Most likely the crashing issue is related to the threading options, especially for AMD users.

To the guys who said these are minimal increases I insure you they are not.

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 on nearly all Quad-Core+ systems is stable and provides a 7-15% boost in framerate which is quite significant especially is you use a 144Hz monitor or use a 140Hz + CRT.

-edit-
I’ve also message konr about this about a week ago, and as far as I know the issue is resolved.

Last edited by Comanglia,

Add A Reply Pages: 1