Forum

New game-breaking mods working on sv_pure 2

Created 1st October 2014 @ 14:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

adysky

So browsing the internet today, i found this mod: *snip*
Basically allows you to see pipes, stickies, and even players trough walls. you can also see invisible spies and also hear them. and even more.

so i was playing around on pubs with them, all of them worked. but hey, they were under “skins” section so i assumed it only worked with sv_pure 0. boy was i wrong.

so i asked my friend to join our war server and tested them around with sv_pure 2. surprisingly, some of the exploits are working on sv_pure 2:

wallhack (!!!)
invisible spy detector
spy jingle sound
with gibus on you can see enemy uber and with medic with gibus you can see enemy hp
and the harmless no equip region and infinite noise makers

i heard abusing scripts and skins like these can get you banned here on etf2l, so its just a heads up for AC staff

also its VAC allowed since you are not using any dlls, only custom stuff

Last edited by ash,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

This method has been well known for a while. You would need to get a top rated post on r/tf2 before Valve wanted to fix it.

or have Star_ make a video.

Last edited by fraac,

adysky

Quoted from fraac

This method has been well known for a while. You would need to get a top rated post on r/tf2 before Valve wanted to fix it.

yeah, i know. but its just a heads up for AC staff that something like this can be done in “legal” way

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Pretty sure they knew. I don’t think there’s anything they can do about it.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Of course valve can do anything about this… Just increase the amount of content of which consistency is forced on sv_pure 2

ondkaja

IKEA

posting the method + dl link publicly on the forums… genious

Quoted from skeej

Of course valve can do anything about this… Just increase the amount of content of which consistency is forced on sv_pure 2

this method entirely bypasses sv_pure via a loophole that shouldn’t be too hard to patch

Last edited by ondkaja,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Oh ok, i was making assumptions based on the claim that this trick is done in a “legal” way… How is it legal if you bypass sv_pure lol

Night

It is actually legal. Like a bug exploit.

adysky

Quoted from skeej

Oh ok, i was making assumptions based on the claim that this trick is done in a “legal” way… How is it legal if you bypass sv_pure lol

its not bypassing sv_pure, its exploiting the old item_game file

ducky

Quoted from Night

It is actually legal. Like a bug exploit.

http://etf2l.org/rules/general-rules/#6

6. Cheats & Scripts

6.1 Bug-Using is not allowed

Any kind of “Bug-Using” is not allowed. Player using bugs will be punished.
[…]

Needless to say that if you’re caught “wallhacking” you’ll get punished regardless of whether you’re using this bug or a hack. The end result is the same.

If anything it’s valve who should be worried about this.
Not entirely sure how VAC works but using skins alone probably won’t trigger it.
And I doubt that they have a dedicated and keen AC team like we do ;P

Izzy57

A new waves of ban is comming ?? :>

AnimaL

Quoted from Izzy57

A new waves of ban is comming ?? :>

etf2l does not like anakin anticheat so no :(

Izzy57

Fuck off ETF2L ! we need more drama and BAN

walters

Why admins removed name of the mod?
How I am supposed to find that mod and use it?

akachu

Quoted from walters

Why admins removed name of the mod?
How I am supposed to find that mod and use it?

ye how the fuck am i supposed to get good now

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »