Forum

PoV-Record - Open Source alternative

Created 12th September 2014 @ 14:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Aron Parker

As many of you know PREC broke with the last update, PREC depends on a sdk which hasn’t been updated yet and from what I’ve heard Orange is no longer interested in continuing development.

Now, vat do? Fun thing is, there is already an alternative which is open-source on github: https://github.com/SizzlingCalamari/sizzlingplugins (sizzlingrecord). It works but the problem is that Valve doesn’t respond, so the plugin doesn’t get signed and therefore can’t be used on VAC servers.

If there’d be enough pressure from the community to get this signed, we might have another PREC again. I’m not the developer of it, I’m just bringing attention to it.

I’ve also noticed that someone is working on an alternative (http://etf2l.org/forum/customise/topic-30275/) aswell, which is cool, the more choice we have the better but the hard part is still to get it signed.

Does anyone have any idea how to get it signed? Does anyone know any valve employee that one could notify? Any ideas welcome.

rytis

PrettyGay

spam emails to valve they’ll get it signed.

AnAkkk

There’s only one valve employee who handle signing plugins and he never replies.

Aron Parker

Quoted from AnAkkk

There’s only one valve employee who handle signing plugins and he never replies.

then we bomb valve’s emailbox until something is done :>

AnimaL

Quoted from Aron Parker

Does anyone have any idea how to get it signed? Does anyone know any valve employee that one could notify? Any ideas welcome.

if you read the other thread then you can see that they are planning to get orange(prec dev) to talk to valve about it… i imagine you would have to speak to orange if you want your plugin to also have a chance to get signed

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from AnAkkk

We’ll just email Eric Smith if we need to

Kaneco

Quoted from AnAkkk

I sent eric an email last week regarding a bug and he replied back in 2 days and fixed the bug in another 2 days, first time I emailed him too.

I think eric is probably the most appropriate person to contact directly since hes the “head” of the tf2 team afaik and seems to check his email regularly.

Emailing through the online form or sending to the tf2 team email wont do anything because they seem to rarely check those

AnAkkk

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I sent eric an email last week regarding a bug and he replied back in 2 days and fixed the bug in another 2 days, first time I emailed him too.

I think eric is probably the most appropriate person to contact directly since hes the “head” of the tf2 team afaik and seems to check his email regularly.

Emailing through the online form or sending to the tf2 team email wont do anything because they seem to rarely check those

2 weeks late, but just saw your post now. Someone I know who tried to get a plugin signed sent it to different developers at Valve, and they all just forward the mails to the guy in charge of plugin signing, but we’ll see.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Luop90

Does anyone have a compiled version of SizzlingRecord? I don’t know how to do it myself, and want to check it out.

Add A Reply Pages: 1