Forum

TF2 randomly minimizes to desktop

Created 21st July 2014 @ 14:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

amppis

DTR

My game keeps randomly minimizing itself to desktop and I hear a windows error sound but I don’t see any errors on my screen or anything like that.

I have 2 monitors but I’ve tried unplugging the other one yet it still does it.
I’ve tried to shut down any unnecessary programs that could cause it, hasn’t helped.
So far the only fix has been to restart my pc, it stops doing it for a while then eventually it starts happening again.
Any help would be appreciated. :)

firej

maybe your pc wants to turn off windows aero, try to do that manually before playing (if you have it enabled…) and test if that helps.

amppis

DTR

Quoted from firej

maybe your pc wants to turn off windows aero, try to do that manually before playing (if you have it enabled…) and test if that helps.

I have aero disabled ingame already, if thats what you meant.

Spike Himself

TC

This may sound dumb but windows will only draw attention to something it deems more important than anything else you might be doing, and if it’s gone for a while after rebooting…. it might just be the windows update popup?

Last edited by Spike Himself,

amppis

DTR

Quoted from Spike Himself

This may sound dumb but windows will only draw attention to something it deems more important than anything else you might be doing, and if it’s gone for a while after rebooting…. it might just be the windows update popup?

Yep, I think this was it.
I thought that if it would be windows updates they would do some kind of a pop up or something instead of just minimizing my game every now and then. :D
Either way dumb of me to not check it. ^^
Thank you very much. :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1