steam crashes

Created 16th May 2014 @ 12:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Deox

wL.
wL.

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

I assume you are on Windows 8? On task manager, you’re gonna have to rely on your spacebar to select hl2.exe then press tab until you highlight that ‘End Task’ button. Press E to end task.

Yeah figured that out, changed both tf2 and CS:GO to borderless windowed mode which helped a lot, seemed to have stopped CS:GO crashing altogether now.

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Deox

[…]

Yeah figured that out, changed both tf2 and CS:GO to borderless windowed mode which helped a lot, seemed to have stopped CS:GO crashing altogether now.

if anyone finds a solution for this problem please let us know

Selek

Dr. med.

As popcorp said, do you use the Steam Beta?

AnimaL

Quoted from Selek

no

Last edited by AnimaL,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

getting a little ridiculous, crashing 3 times a map D:

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Selek

no.

Quoted from Morphine

getting a little ridiculous, crashing 3 times a map D:

same here

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

I just fucking love tf2 closing and steam crashing for no apparent reason.

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from T0m

I just fucking love tf2 closing and steam crashing for no apparent reason.

+1

Green

Happens to me too, am on windows 8.1, happens with cs go aswell, verified the game cache and it seemed to have fixed it FOR NOW. I admit I rage a little when I have uber and it freezes or crashes…

Deox

wL.
wL.

Ok so I found two possible solutions to this problem.

1) If you have an Nvidia card, try to uninstall GeForce Experience, or at least end all Nvidia processes in task manager.

2) 1.Go to your steam folder and locate “Steamservice.exe” (Optionally you can just search for it)
2.Rightclick it and go to properties
3.Go to the security tab (the 4. tab)
4.Go to advanced and give it permission for everything
5.Run Steam as admin
6.Enable the Steam Client Service in the tab manager under the tab “Services”

walters

Fuck Deox!

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Deox

Ok so I found two possible solutions to this problem.

1) If you have an Nvidia card, try to uninstall GeForce Experience, or at least end all Nvidia processes in task manager.

2) 1.Go to your steam folder and locate “Steamservice.exe” (Optionally you can just search for it)
2.Rightclick it and go to properties
3.Go to the security tab (the 4. tab)
4.Go to advanced and give it permission for everything
5.Run Steam as admin
6.Enable the Steam Client Service in the tab manager under the tab “Services”

first of all , thanks for helping!
i opened up my steam folder , didnt find any steamservice.exe file. found servicemanager and some .pyd files…
edit: i just ended all geforece expe from the task manager. will be able to test if it worked tommorow!

Last edited by BraveHeart,

Deox

wL.
wL.

Quoted from BraveHeart

[…]
first of all , thanks for helping!
i opened up my steam folder , didnt find any steamservice.exe file. found servicemanager and some .pyd files…
edit: i just ended all geforece expe from the task manager. will be able to test if it worked tommorow!

The exact location of steamservice.exe can be found at ProgramFiles/steam/bin/ folder, sorry should have been more specific there.

BraveHeart

GOALstar

Quoted from Deox

[…]

The exact location of steamservice.exe can be found at ProgramFiles/steam/bin/ folder, sorry should have been more specific there.

found it , im in the security section, and everything except Speical permissions is allowed, i also cant allow speical permissions, it doesnt let me to “V” it. im the only user in this computer and ofc im the admin, so i have no idea why it appears like that, any solution?

AmirBonk

whjat+

Used to happen to me when i used fullscreen. Now running both tf2 and cs:go on borderless windowed mode, and it seem to fix it. Not a damn idea what caused it, though. Might be gaben messing around with us.

Last edited by AmirBonk,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »