Forum

Help! I can't find a crosshair to suit my sniping...

Created 24th April 2014 @ 21:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Clear Vision

I’ve been trying all of TF2’s standard crosshairs but personally I think they’re a bit rubbish for sniping which has lead me to turning to custom crosshairs. I have downloaded a quake crosshair pack and a pack of 42 crosshairs but I still can’t find one that suits my needs.

I need a crosshair that:

– Is easily visible
– Minimises distractions
– Works well with both sniper rifle and SMG
– Aims to a sharp point, and doesn’t block too much of the target’s head at really long ranges
– Helps line up shots

This is a lot of stuff I need from a crosshair but if anyone knows of a custom crosshair I can download or could even make a few new ones that meet at least 3 of these needs then I will be forever grateful. Thanks in advance :) !

Last edited by Clear Vision,

turkuaz

dot

Phnx

CrosshairCircleDot is a really good hud crosshair for sniping, atleast I think so.
also crosshair7/crosshair5 or standard with tf_hud_no_crosshair_on_scope_zoom “1”

Clear Vision

Quoted from Phnx

CrosshairCircleDot is a really good hud crosshair for sniping, atleast I think so.
also crosshair7/crosshair5 or standard with tf_hud_no_crosshair_on_scope_zoom “1”

I’ll try disabling the crosshair on scope zoom next time I’m on TF2 and use the lines of the scope to aim.
Quoted from turkuaz

dot

It’s just that I sometimes will lose track of the dot when aiming at scouts or when using melee/secondary. I’ve tried a dot with a ring around it and it helped my SMG/melee aim but it was a tad bit distracting for average sniper shots.

Wulf

GOALstar

imo it doesn’t really affect unless it’s an extremely stupid crosshair,
I suggest you try using ingame dot/cross green/yellow colours and if possible put some kind of an outline around it from your hud’s crosshairs.
For example I use a yellow cross with konr wings outline around it and it works just fine.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

dot with konr wings u desperate tryhard

hr

The moral of the story is that there is no ‘perfect’ crosshair, I’m now using a ‘+’ hud crosshair because it shows up the best for me on every map, is it distracting somewhat for sniper, yes it is but if you want one less distracting then you make the tradeoff of it being less visible.

Pistolvania

On sniper I just use default. I’ve been through a lot of things. Default, then like x with middle dot, the Carnifex style big, yellow “+”, a smaller white “+”, a big dotcircle in cyan, but eventually I ended up with default crosshair. I spent over 3000 hours playing before I started messing with custom crosshairs, so the default ones are really the ones I’m most comfortable with.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

use literally anything

just fucking practice instead

Quoted from kindred

use literally anything

fnordi

PrettyGay

if something as tiny as a crosshair would hinder you getting better, i dunno man

lazyluk

Quoted from kindred

use literally anything

Tuto

8-)

It really really doesn’t matter man, just find one you’re cool with for all classes, and just practice your sniping. The small dot is usually just fine, go for that.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from kindred

use literally anything

Blooddrunk

Nein

no crosshair

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »