Forum

How does one fix stuttering...

Created 19th April 2014 @ 03:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

I’m not gonna bother formatting and reinstalling everything just for one single game, I dont have time for that. There should be an easier and more logical solution than that (if the problem is in fact my computer and my settings, and not just Valve being Valve).

then dont expect better perfomance if you cant bother doing simple things

Freddy

Quoted from rytis

[…]
then dont expect better perfomance if you cant bother doing simple things

“A man breaks his toe, and the doctors solve the problem by amputating his leg.”

I will save formatting as a absolute last resort solution if nothing else works, because I’m absolutely sure there are other solutions – especially when TF2 is the ONLY game where it happens.

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

have you set your power plan to performance?

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Please make sure you’re running tf2 in fullscreen.
laptops tend to throttle everything and use motherboard gpu on stuff that’s not fullscreen.

Last edited by cmd,

Freddy

Quoted from zen1th

have you set your power plan to performance?

yep, it has always been :/

Quoted from cmd

Please make sure you’re running tf2 in fullscreen.
laptops tend to throttle everything and use motherboard gpu on stuff that’s not fullscreen.

already running it fullscreen. Windowed mode seems to make the stutters a liiiiiitle less frequent, but instead it introduces input lag for some reason, so thats sadly not an option, unless someone knows a fix for that.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Do you have a high-frames config?

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Try to have the task manager open in the background when you’re playing and then checking it when it stutters to see what’s going on. I have a feeling it could be some power saving features for your cpu, you could try going in the bios and seeing what you could find.

Freddy

Quoted from Freakie

Do you have a high-frames config?

Yeah, Chris’ maxframes.

Quoted from zen1th

Try to have the task manager open in the background when you’re playing and then checking it when it stutters to see what’s going on. I have a feeling it could be some power saving features for your cpu, you could try going in the bios and seeing what you could find.

There arent really any power saving functions in my BIOS, its a really shitty factory-installed one that I never bothered to flash, because I didnt wanna run the risk and I never needed it.

But i’ll try that yeah. I dont think it has anything to do with power-saving though, but rather the memory being hogged.

Maffi

REVERTO

just buy a new pc

Freddy

sure, if you pay it for me

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2