– downloaded more RAM
– updated sound card drivers
– played around with sound settings
– updated network adapter driver
– setting fps_max to 0

…and when one:

– uses dx8, 800×600, maxframes and nohatsmod
– has his fps capped to 66
– has no real stuttering issues in any other game – not even games in the same engine
– noticed that the stutters are always worse in the first minutes after loading a map, but otherwise cant find any patters or connections in the seemingly random randomness
– literally cant play for more than half a minute anymore without stutters

Last edited by Freddy,

kermit

G
sniper

Well one could post their computer specs so upgrading can be ruled out.

Freddy

i3 2.4 ghz
Geforce GT 425m
4gb ram
Samsung HM641Jl HDD

really mediocre laptop, but I used to run the game well with no issues and a steady framerate back in the day.

Phnx

Quoted from Freddy

i3 2.4 ghz
Geforce GT 425m
4gb ram
Samsung HM641Jl HDD

really mediocre laptop, but I used to run the game well with no issues and a steady framerate back in the day.

everyone did;_;

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Freddy

i3 2.4 ghz
really mediocre laptop, .

gl running tf2 on that

rviens

Quoted from T0m

[…]

gl running tf2 on that

Except my laptop has i3 [email protected] I’m running 6v6 on stable 100-120 fps without any drops. I’m pretty sure you’re clueless.

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from Phnx

everyone did;_;

Freddy

Quoted from T0m

[…]

gl running tf2 on that

youre cute, can i get your phone number?

AnimaL

buy a pc

Johnny

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
everyone did;_;

Last edited by Johnny,

Lemons

The 2.4Ghz shouldn’t be such a huge problem. I ran a dual core pentium 2.7 Ghz, and managed to get 50 fps min on mid fights in 6s and never go below 60 at all other times. Rather than getting stutters, he would just get lower framerate.
Do an antivirus check, before I had games stutter because of a virus…
Also, can you replicate the results in other games? I would try a range of stuff. Something light like quake and maybe something more intensive.

Freddy

Quoted from Lemons

The 2.4Ghz shouldn’t be such a huge problem. I ran a dual core pentium 2.7 Ghz, and managed to get 50 fps min on mid fights in 6s and never go below 60 at all other times. Rather than getting stutters, he would just get lower framerate.
Do an antivirus check, before I had games stutter because of a virus…
Also, can you replicate the results in other games? I would try a range of stuff. Something light like quake and maybe something more intensive.

I’m 100% sure that my comp is clean, no virus.
And I dont really get stutters in other games. I tried Strike Vector, well knowing that my comp wouldnt do well, and while my average fps was barely measurable, I didnt get a single stutter.

There are no stutters either in light games like emulating old N64 games, Half-Life etc.

I tried installing another reduced particles-pack today, and the game seemed to actually stutter less, but I can’t say for sure. The stutters were still enough to get my blood to boil and to get me killed a lot of the time.

byte

I’d recommend a reformat mate, and install steam and tf2 + drivers, nothing else, do a stress test and see what fps you can get, you doing all tweaks to recover your HD and generally your PC isn’t enough tbh dude…

Once you’ve done that if there is no improvement you have your answer…

Cheers

Byte

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
everyone did;_;

fucking this

Used to play TF2 with max settings in 32 player servers with 60-100 fps and now I get less than 30 fps on 6v6 matches even with fps boosting configs

Freddy

Quoted from byte

I’d recommend a reformat mate, and install steam and tf2 + drivers, nothing else, do a stress test and see what fps you can get, you doing all tweaks to recover your HD and generally your PC isn’t enough tbh dude…

Once you’ve done that if there is no improvement you have your answer…

I’m not gonna bother formatting and reinstalling everything just for one single game, I dont have time for that. There should be an easier and more logical solution than that (if the problem is in fact my computer and my settings, and not just Valve being Valve).

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »