Forum

New nvidia drivers 337.50 seem to finally remove flickering from dxlevel 81

Created 9th April 2014 @ 21:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Setsul

Quoted from Freddy

[…]

I still have the issue :( have to install it manually

I think that’s not the issue I was talking about. I meant the one where you couldn’t install a different driver at all. The only way to fix it was to uninstall the driver and spend a few hours cleaning the registry and deleting leftover files before you could install a new version. And if you missed even a single thing you had to start all over again. Or you could just reinstall windows everytime that problem occured.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from quik

[…]
i can clearly see input lag difference between 0 and 3
http://imgur.com/rarHJEX – 296.10

Google Placebo effect, the 0 setting always defaulted to either 1 or 3 (depends on the driver version)

“Producing graphics requires the CPU to setup the frame. It is impossible to produce graphics without the information being given from the CPU to the GPU. This isn’t an opinion, this is how gaming graphics work. The GPU cannot perform work without being told what work to perform.

It is impossible to produce graphics with a setting of 0; a setting of 0 did not reduce the number of pre-rendered frames from 1. If you noticed a difference between either setting, it was not because there were 0 frames being prepared with one setting (again, that’s impossible with the current graphics pipeline).

To reiterate: There can be no graphics without at least 1 pre-rendered frame. The 0 option was removed because it is nonsensical.

We removed the 0 value because it never had an impact, and is, in fact, impossible. The GPU cannot render any frames without the CPU having prepared it first.

You may choose not believe it, but those are the reasons why the 0 option was removed.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Would this work with 500 series or is it time I brought a new Graphics Card?

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

next time when there is an update, only update when you have a problem. don’t fix it if it isn’t broken

Japtor

Quoted from Alfie

next time when there is an update, only update when you have a problem. don’t fix it if it isn’t broken

This is so wrong.

Quoted from Alfie

“Don’t keep your drivers updated if your card isn’t melting”

Last edited by Solid,

basH.

hf

lets hope it works

edit: works for me(gtx560ti)

Last edited by basH.,

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Solid

[…]
“Don’t keep your drivers updated if your card isn’t melting”

this is how i live

NsX.

Aht

Quoted from Alfie

[…]
this is how i live

rot

tybg

Iller

tGa

Nice.
Finally I can use dx level 81 without that disco flickering.
It took some time to fix it but better late than never, I guess.
(GTX 570 here btw)

A little off topic, but I spend hours on this.

If anybody is using NVENC to stream with OBS, and want to use this driver without breaking the NVENC API. just use nvEncodeAPI64.dll (64-bit, c:windowssystem32) or nvEncodeAPI.dll (32-bit c:windowsyswow64) from the previous non beta driver.

More info here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-nvenc-337-50-driver.13244/page-2#post-73769

Last edited by fanny_filth,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Iller

Finally I can use dx level 81 without that disco flickering.

Rolling back to older drivers that did not have this issue has always been an option..

Iller

tGa

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Rolling back to older drivers that did not have this issue has always been an option..

Yes, I used those for a while, but then I din’t get any benefits of the newer drivers in form of better performance, so I started using dx_level 90 instead.
My computer is decent so my fps was good anyway, but I am glad that they fixed the flickering for dx_level 81.
My fps got even better and I like the simpler looking graphics of directX 8.

Last edited by Iller,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Some people might want to play other games, too. And newer drivers tend to increase performance of these.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2