Forum

No cable connected

Created 6th March 2014 @ 14:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

achy

I’ve made a small rig for my friend and I have gone to turn it on only to find “no cable connected” when I turn the monitor on. I’ve tried two different monitors and both with the same message. Any ideas what is could be? I’m Using x2 shappire radeon 6770 HD (crossfire) cheers

CHERRY

Quoted from achy

I’ve made a small rig for my friend and I have gone to turn it on only to find “no cable connected” when I turn the monitor on. I’ve tried two different monitors and both with the same message. Any ideas what is could be? I’m Using x2 shappire radeon 6770 HD (crossfire) cheers

Try it without crossfire, one card first then second, if it doesn’t work try integrated if you have one.

Tuto

8-)

I literally just had this problem some time ago. It sounds stupid, but start from the basics to find out what’s wrong. Check if ALL the cables are connected to where they should be. Also try to take out your RAM sticks and place them in again. If this won’t help, we can figure out together another solution. It worked for me, replacing the RAM in.

It could also be one of the components broken, but I doubt it if you say it’s new. Also when you start up the computer, do you hear the one beep? It usually tells you what’s wrong with the pc. And does everything light up in the case?

Last edited by Tuto,

Spike Himself

TC

Is the cable connected?

achy

All cables are in yes. Plugged out all ram and gfx cards. There isn’t a beep at the start up because I’m not sure if their is a PC speaker. I’ve tried to use a hdmi cable and a dvi cable both of which are saying no signal or connect cable. Strange… Something must be broken?

Maffi

REVERTO

i had this problem when i changed gfx on my computer. Turned out to be the motherboard not being able to talk with the gfx some strange fucked up reason. (the board worked perfectly with 2 other cards) so i had to change motherboard aswell.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from achy

All cables are in yes. Plugged out all ram and gfx cards. There isn’t a beep at the start up because I’m not sure if their is a PC speaker. I’ve tried to use a hdmi cable and a dvi cable both of which are saying no signal or connect cable. Strange… Something must be broken?

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Try it without crossfire, one card first then second, if it doesn’t work try integrated if you have one.

Tuto

8-)

Did you fix it?

achy

Yes, it was the Power supply in the end

Add A Reply Pages: 1