Forum

No Hats Mod

Created 20th February 2014 @ 12:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bucake

Just spreading the word:

Harbls’ “No Hats Mod” thread (teamfortress.tv).
Last updated on february 19th, 2014 (direct download).

There’s also an unusual effect removal.
See this thread (steam forums) if you want to contact anyone responsible.

Last edited by Bucake,

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

Aka Made In Germany aka No Fun Allowed

hr

I used to use this, I feel like it actually benefits you to not have it though if you’re playing comp as you can distinguish between enemy players more easily (i.e “focus the scout with the yellow hat”) which is why I removed it, might put it back on if I ever play highlander sniper again.

Green

Why would you play Hat Fortress 2 without hats ? Woooot.

Bucake

Quoted from Green

Classic.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from hr

I used to use this, I feel like it actually benefits you to not have it though if you’re playing comp as you can distinguish between enemy players more easily (i.e “focus the scout with the yellow hat”) which is why I removed it, might put it back on if I ever play highlander sniper again.

Large hats also give up the enemy position in some locations, and having hats enabled also helps against enemy spies (players with missing bodygroups are always spies, also good on pubs when you see two players with the same hats).
But the advantages the hats give you aren’t really that huge, so i have the nohats mod on.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from Green

cuz i already look good irl with my fedora and virgin moustache

Popcorp

Some people say it doesn’t help, didnt help me either…because Hats are still loaded, you can’t see them but they are still Loaded by the game

Bucake

Quoted from Popcorp

Some people say it doesn’t help, didnt help me either…because Hats are still loaded, you can’t see them but they are still Loaded by the game

are you talking about an increase in fps?
because i presume that your fps depends only on what’s being rendered and not on what has been loaded. the difference is probably just so small that you didn’t notice it.

i personally didn’t install it to get a fps boost, i just installed it because i am a hipster

hrbls

**UPDATE**

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7zlikkmv1c0nob2/Harblsnohatmod-19.06.2014.vpk

Add A Reply Pages: 1