Forum

Delayed projectiles

Created 19th January 2014 @ 14:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

TooM

try

Hey,
recently i bought a new pc and since that moment i have theese delayed projectiles. It feels like i have 150+ ping but i actually have like 30 and anything else works in real time. Even the sandman ball flies normally, only rockets and demo stuff is kinda slowed… Somebody told me to try out “cl_interp 0” which did nothing. Any suggestions? I cant play theese roles cuz of that…

Mundi

dogs.tf

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_pred_optimize 2
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.01
cl_updaterate 66
rate 60000

should do the trick

TooM

try

Its much better, but still not 100% fine.. :(

EvoWarrior5

UbeR |

Afaik, cl_interp 0.0152 is generally seen as the best for projectiles. Maybe that is outdated though, I haven’t changed my cfg in a long time.

Last edited by EvoWarrior5,

kaidus

WiK?

Post your config. All of it.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from EvoWarrior5

Afaik, cl_interp 0.0152 is generally seen as the best for projectiles. Maybe that is outdated though, I haven’t changed my cfg in a long time.

0.0152 is the best value because its the lowest value allowed by the game, which means setting it to 0 automatically sets it so 0.0152.

Mankey

Přeinstaluj windowsy

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from ash

[…]

which means setting it to 0 automatically sets it so 0.0152.

Actually that’s not true. If you use default settings and set cl_interp 0, the value will be 0,03030 because the default cl_interp_ratio value is 2. cl_interp 0 calculates interp this way: cl_interp_ratio value divided by cl_cmdrate value.

TooM

try

http://pastebin.com/e9GBi1AQ

here is my config.cfg and autoexec

kindred

myx
SDCK!

fov_desired 75

i love how you upped your viewmodel fov to 90 but not your actual fov

Last edited by kindred,

TooM

try

should i add that to my autoexec? How is fov responsible for the delays ?

AnimaL

Quoted from TooM

Its much better, but still not 100% fine.. :(

play on lan

TooM

try

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]play on lan

well it was okay when i played on previous pc.

Japtor

Do you experience the delay on public or local (created) servers? You sure it’s not latency?
Try to go into fullscreen mode and look if it’s better.

Usually cl_interp fixes the delay, but maybe it’s just your internet provider causing this lag stutter.

I suggest you try to look if there is a delay when you are hosting a local server. If there is no delay, it should be your ISP.

Last edited by Japtor,

Setsul

Quoted from feeling

[…]
Actually that’s not true. If you use default settings and set cl_interp 0, the value will be 0,03030 because the default cl_interp_ratio value is 2. cl_interp 0 calculates interp this way: cl_interp_ratio value divided by cl_cmdrate value.

cl_cmdrate 66.6666666, gotta get dat 15ms lerp.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »