Forum

Is ctapping possible with crouchjump script?

Created 17th December 2013 @ 02:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Used a crouchjump script my whole time on TF2 and now I want to learn to ctap.

Always had the idea that it isn’t possible.

ondkaja

IKEA

not possible

hr

Possibly it is with keyboard macros which I imagine is illegal and should be, either way using a crouch jump script is really dumb and you should stop that right now and learn properly, learning to ctap isn’t even as hard as it is made out, I can do it most of the time and I don’t play soldier.

Last edited by hr,

AnimaL

why would it be banned?

I used a jump+crouch+fire script for the longest time. I eventually changed it to just jump+fire (RMB) so I can ctap with it, too. This way I can focus completely on the crouch timing.
It takes a few hours to relearn that you now have to press crouch to do normal jumps, but I would say ctapping is definitely worth the trouble.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

There are several ctap scripts. But they all depend on the wait command, that is banned/blocked in comp tf2.
The max hight you can get with a ctap is 691 units, that is with the original just standing still and with the default rocket launcher while walking to the right.
Although people did get 692 just randomly.
The max distance seems to be about 1452 units, or a little further, but distance is very hard to measure since you depend also on the angles.

Even with a script you don’t hit 691 every times. Everything is very ping and fps dependent because the timing must be so very accurate.

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,1817.0.html

This is a map where you can change the distances horizontally and vertically with 1 units at the time.

Last edited by Dr. Heinz,

I use the same method as Schmuse do. Altough I have not perfected it, it is fully possible to do a ctap without having to time three inputs. You can bind +jump;+attack1 and then only have to deal with the timing of two inputs.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Schmuse

I used a jump+crouch+fire script for the longest time. I eventually changed it to just jump+fire (RMB) so I can ctap with it, too. This way I can focus completely on the crouch timing.
It takes a few hours to relearn that you now have to press crouch to do normal jumps, but I would say ctapping is definitely worth the trouble.

Same here, but I still use a crouchjump script ánd a ctap script.

To bind fire+jump to the same key is the most convenient way to make ctapping easy. I went a step further and eliminated any need for new keys. I’ll share my simple but clever ctap script:

alias +ctap "bind mouse1 +jumpshoot; bind space +crouchjump; +duck"
alias -ctap "-duck; -attack"

alias +jumpshoot "-duck; +jump; +attack"
alias -jumpshoot "-jump; -attack; bind mouse1 +attack"

bind mouse2 +ctap

So what this does is bind crouch to mouse2, and once mouse2 is pressed, mouse1 changes from +attack to both +attack and +jump for one click. After you use mouse1 once, it rebinds itself back to just +attack. So for a ctap you click mouse2 -> mouse1 in quick succession, while you can still keep your normal crouch and jump buttons unchanged (you just need a new button for the “ctap-crouch”, which i used mouse2 for)

Getting the ctap “rhythm” down with right-left mouse is really easy, and unless you use one of those banner unlocks you won’t need mouse2 (normally attack2) on soldier anyway.

If you make changes to your binds/aliases to be able to ctap, its vital to keep a way to rocketjump normally, because ctaps can fail hard when you try to launch from sloped or bumpy surfaces.

Last edited by skeej,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

he’s not asking for a ctap script, he wants to know if he can ctap normally but using his crouchjump script

i.e. is it possible to do it in this order:
crouch
release
crouch + jump + fire

Last edited by Starkie,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

that question was already answered in the first reply breh

answer is no

so were providing viable alternatives (like mine which enables you to easily keep your crouchjump bind on your normal crouchjump key)

Last edited by skeej,

Phnx

Quoted from Starkie

he’s not asking for a ctap script, he wants to know if he can ctap normally but using his crouchjump script

i.e. is it possible to do it in this order:
crouch
release
crouch + jump + fire

in my opinion his answer was extremly useful for me since I do use crouch jump script, and with this one I’ll be able to use both.
thanks skeej:)

Quoted from skeej

[…]alias +ctap "bind mouse1 +jumpshoot; bind space +crouchjump; +duck"

bind mouse2 +ctap

Seems like a good alternative since I was already pondering about changing my crouch key to mouse2.

Last edited by nahka,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Same here, but I still use a crouchjump script ánd a ctap script.

To bind fire+jump to the same key is the most convenient way to make ctapping easy. I went a step further and eliminated any need for new keys. I’ll share my simple but clever ctap script:

alias +ctap "bind mouse1 +jumpshoot; bind space +crouchjump; +duck"

bind mouse2 +ctap

So what this does is bind crouch to mouse2, and once mouse2 is pressed, mouse1 changes from +attack to both +attack and +jump for one click. After you use mouse1 once, it rebinds itself back to just +attack. So for a ctap you click mouse2 -> mouse1 in quick succession, while you can still keep your normal crouch and jump buttons unchanged (you just need a new button for the “ctap-crouch”, which i used mouse2 for)

Getting the ctap “rhythm” down with right-left mouse is really easy, and unless you use one of those banner unlocks you won’t need mouse2 (normally attack2) on soldier anyway.

If you make changes to your binds/aliases to be able to ctap, its vital to keep a way to rocketjump normally, because ctaps can fail hard when you try to launch from sloped or bumpy surfaces.

Why does it bind space to +crouchjump?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Why does it bind space to +crouchjump?

Ahahah didn’t even see that… No idea why I put that in there. Maybe I had some plan of doing something more with the script. My configs are a terrible mess of double stuff, irrelevant stuff, commented out stuff, aliases that i haven’t even bound, etc…

ondkaja

IKEA

Okay, tested the script, seems to work pretty solidly and makes it much easier to time, at least for someone like me who never bothered learning how to ctap properly.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »