Forum

Game rubberbands when no other players are close.

Created 17th October 2013 @ 19:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

I made a post about this a few weeks ago already but got no solution and had no idea what could be causing the problem.

So… TF2 lags when I can’t see anyone on a server. If there’s one guy with me and he’s behind my back I will lag. If I can see him I won’t.

This is extremely apparent especially on jump servers, if I join a map when the rounds been going on for a while and everyone else has already cleared the first few jumps.
I haven’t really noticed the problem anywhere else. Only on jump servers.

And the problem seems to be in my desktop PC. I had my laptop at my uni apartment where I could play jump maps fine, no lag and no rubberbanding.

Now I took my Desktop PC from my parents place to the uni apartment and jump servers lag again.

Some specs:

Intel Core i5 2500K
GeForce GTX 580
Intel P8P67, Rev 3.0

Edit: This problem probably affects other games too. When I was playing Terraria with my class mate on the laptop we only had minor lags but when I used my desktop PC the world wouldn’t load properly and we would start falling through the world. And item drops would take ages to get into our inventories etc. And this only seemed to happen if we were together. If we were away from each other the game was fine.

Last edited by nahka,

Gladdy

Is your fps over 1000 when the issues occur?

Quoted from Gladdy

Nope, I get around 160.

Python

Is your FPS capped?

Quoted from Python

Is your FPS capped?

Nope. And FPS capping isn’t this noticeable (It’s massive).

JakescRzyy.

Team
8===D

Quoted from Gladdy

I am getting the same problem as this man and this issue does occur when I get over 1000 fps? if you could inform me further I would appreciate it

george

Quoted from JakescRzyy.

I am getting the same problem as this man and this issue does occur when I get over 1000 fps? if you could inform me further I would appreciate it

Same here.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from JakescRzyy.

[…]

Basically the source engine bugs out when you reach 1000+ fps. Just cap your fps at 900 or something.

JakescRzyy.

Team
8===D

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]Basically the source engine bugs out when you reach 1000+ fps. Just cap your fps at 900 or something.

seems to work if I cap it a bit lower thanks :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1