Forum

Other fps configs?

Created 1st August 2013 @ 20:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1

lawrence

Hey there. Someone told me that once he had a very bad computer(as mine or even worse) and somehow managed to get fps capped to 100 by the help of a fps config made by a russian called “bon”. I wanted to try that out, too, as my fps in fights is like 10 to 20, but all the download links I found after searching on google are broken. By a coincidence, does someone use or just have on their computer that cfg or something close to that?(And yea, I tried all the graphic configs from tf2mate and still the same)
Thanks.

Last edited by lawrence,

AnimaL

try these http://chrisdown.name/tf2/

best one is maxframes and if you change fps_max 100 it magically also caps fps at 100 like this bon config does

Last edited by AnimaL,

lawrence

Used that before, I’m using it for now, too. Changed fps_max 121 to fps_max 100, don’t see any difference tho’. And this config is outdated…

AnimaL

Quoted from lawrence

Used that before, I’m using it for now, too. Changed fps_max 121 to fps_max 100, don’t see any difference tho’. And this config is outdated…

please do tell what exactly is outdated in that config and what has changed in the 6 months since the last update

rviens

Quoted from lawrence

Hey there. Someone told me that once he had a very bad computer(as mine or even worse) and somehow managed to get fps capped to 100 by the help of a fps config made by a russian called “bon”. I wanted to try that out, too, as my fps in fights is like 10 to 20, but all the download links I found after searching on google are broken. By a coincidence, does someone use or just have on their computer that cfg or something close to that?(And yea, I tried all the graphic configs from tf2mate and still the same)
Thanks.

Just because you cap your fps to 100, doesn’t mean it will magically stay at 100 at all times. The configs won’t make your computer better, and if chris’ max frames doesn’t help you, god bless your tortured soul, may you buy a new PC and forget the evil an old computer can cause for your life.

Jonte

http://www.gamerconfigs.com/configs/Ionich this is the link for bon fps config. I don’t think it will help you but you can give it a try.

lawrence

This quantum.cfg works really nice, i get about 30-40 fps at mid which is quite playable for me.
@Animal: There were some commands that were appearing in console and weren’t recognised.
@Jonte: Thanks a lot!

Quoted from lawrence

This quantum.cfg works really nice, i get about 30-40 fps at mid which is quite playable for me.

How many fps do you get with the maxframes config then?

lawrence

Heh, at mid fights, on some servers, i get lower than 20 fps =)(with maxframes). Can’t wait to buy a new pc
#played some mge and got like 50 to 60 fps on mids, meh(with quantum).

Last edited by lawrence,

Add A Reply Pages: 1