Forum

Further FPS bump?

Created 29th July 2013 @ 12:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

baimezan

[N☼J]

Hey,
So, I’ve been using Chris’ Maxframes, and at first I was getting 200 frames, dropping to 120 when playing with more people. Now I never hit 200. I get 120 when standing still in spawn, and I get ~60-80 when playing. Is there a way to increase my FPS even further without buying a new laptop Or PC? I already have put -high in the launch options.

Last edited by baimezan,

bub

I use -dxlevel 81, the fps isn’t capped but +/-60 usually and I’m fine with it.
Why do you need so high fps?

baimezan

[N☼J]

Quoted from bub

I use -dxlevel 81, the fps isn’t capped but +/-60 usually and I’m fine with it.
Why do you need so high fps?

When I had around 100 fps in servers, I would snipe really well. Now that it’s like 60, I can still snipe I supose, but I don’t feel it is as good as it was before. I was once told that the eyes can’t notice a difference, but the brain can. I don’t know if it’s true, but I still wanna hit around the 200 mark when staying still again.

Last edited by baimezan,

rockie

Quoted from baimezan

Hey,
So, I’ve been using Chris’ Maxframes, and at first I was getting 200 frames, dropping to 120 when playing with more people. Now I never hit 200. I get 120 when standing still in spawn, and I get ~60-80 when playing. Is there a way to increase my FPS even further without buying a new laptop? I already have put -high in the launch options.

laptop aren’t made for gaming, you should buy a pc

Quoted from baimezan

[…]I was once told that the eyes can’t notice a difference, but the brain can.

IDK how you work but mybrain relies on my eyes when it comes to seeing things! ^^

baimezan

[N☼J]

Quoted from rockie

[…]

laptop aren’t made for gaming, you should buy a pc

Better now?

Spike Himself

TC

The point he makes is that with a laptop you can’t expect such high performance. Laptops get hot a lot easier than PCs do, and when that happens, the CPU is throttled down and as a result your FPS will drop. If you insist on gaming on a laptop, you will just have to deal with that.

rockie

Quoted from Spike Himself

The point he makes is that with a laptop you can’t expect such high performance. Laptops get hot a lot easier than PCs do, and when that happens, the CPU is throttled down and as a result your FPS will drop. If you insist on gaming on a laptop, you will just have to deal with that.

baimezan

[N☼J]

I am sorry if my comment sounded mean, I didn’t make it with that intention. Yet I am fairly sure I mentioned I want to see suggestions which don’t include buying a new computer. So that’s that.

AnimaL

windows xp

Hei

[DA]
[DA]

Have you ever tried Game Booster? (I think it’s now called Razer Game Booster)

also try WinXP like AnimaL mentioned.

Sash

PF

Quoted from Hei

Have you ever tried Game Booster? (I think it’s now called Razer Game Booster)

This won’t help if your game is generally slow. If it occasionally stutters, it may help but so does changing the priority of TF2 to high. As OP already did the later, Game Booster won’t help at all.

Try switching between dx8 and dx9 as one of them maybe a bit faster depending on your setup. Running the game in fullscreen and disabling the Steam Overlay may also help. Besides that there isn’t much you can do.

Last edited by Sash,

Fresh'z

§GOLD

fullscreen + no overlay + no antivirus + no steam cloud + dx81 + maxframes way to go on my laptop.

CSGO works fnie on medium settings windowed at screen resolution with no border. #VALVE

Add A Reply Pages: 1