Forum

ExtPlugin for TF2

Created 20th April 2013 @ 08:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from profix

But those hours were pretty painful though. Heavy motion sickness and headaches. But now it’s fine. I certainly miss 110 FoV, but I don’t really give a damn.

I’ll never get used to 90 fov. Only the best for me.

For me playing scout and demoman with 90 fov doesn’t bother me, but soldier with 90 fov, forget it, its so confusing and an awful experience

You are most probably playing at a FOV of ~106 right now.

If you really think you need a FOV of 120 or more, use a custom resolution instead of a hack. It’s as easy as that, no one can complain about it since it’s built into the game.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

In this thread when people say ‘fov’ they mean ‘fov_desired’. Just substitute that in your head to understand it.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Selek

Please, don’t speak up before applying empathy, imagination and common sense.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from Selek

[…]

[…]

[…]

If you really think you need a FOV of 120 or more, use a custom resolution instead of a hack. It’s as easy as that, no one can complain about it since it’s built into the game.

custom resolution does not give the same effect

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from freshmeatt

Please, don’t speak up before applying empathy, imagination and common sense.

I empathetically sense common imagination here.

laerin

-9w-

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Wow are you being serious? PREC and OpenPlugin are in no way similar. At all.

1. PREC is signed by Valve. Whatever it does has their approval.
2. PREC doesn’t hack itself into the game

PREC allows you to do things that are already possible just more conveniently. For OpenPlugin this is not the case. OpenPlugin allows you change stuff that you’re not normally allowed to change without sv_cheats or other limitations.

PREC is a signed plugin. OpenPlugin is a hack. Don’t use it.

I’m sorry, I honestly don’t mean to sound condescending here, but I said ‘PREC and Openplugin are pretty similar in the fact’ and then continued to explain a single similarity that I was referring to. I don’t see why pointing out their differences has anything to do with that statement.

You then went on to say that the similarity I mentioned (that they allow you to do things you could already do more conveniently) is incorrect. The big feature of OpenPlugin is the fov, which you can do already with custom resolutions/multiple monitors. I don’t know about rivatuner for picmip. cl_downloadfilter doesn’t affect anything ingame and allows to you to be able to download maps off a server without downloading all their other custom crap.

Now, as for the features themselves, I don’t understand what objection you have to them. I’m not talking about the method by which they’re utilised here.

Allowing for a wider fov choice actually reduces the advantage of people using multiple monitors or 2:1 aspect ratios and makes it easier for people without widescreen monitors (I know at least one person who doesn’t have one). Fov is as much preference though as sensitivity and having a higher fov isn’t an advantage unless you’re more comfortable playing on it. That’s why on games like quake live, most people use an fov of either 90 or 100 instead of the max of 130. Picmip used to be allowed to go between -10 to 2 I’m pretty sure, the limits are pretty arbitrary and using a higher picmip is again just preference, like when people use fps configs despite not needing them.

Now, if you have no problem with the features themselves but in the method by which they’re used, then that is a valid point. It is modifying the game to allow for greater customisation but again, I don’t see why it should be a problem for anyone except those who decide to use it?

Quoted from Odissius

[…]

Cool, thanks for the link/explanation.

Yeah, I mean I have the .dlls and stuff it’s just that OpenPlugin only works with -insecure and well you can’t connect to any servers with that now, so yeah, I can’t get higher FOV any more.

No, that’s what I’m saying, if you check the thread again, you’ll see Anakin/Casual included a new way to use it without -insecure.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

As we have http://etf2l.org/2013/04/27/season-15-powered-by-blackout-gaming-the-provisional-divisions-qualifiers-and-updatesofficially declared[/url] client-side plugins as a cheat a week ago, it is time to close this thread.

From this point forward, please do not link to or provide instructions for this and other banned plugins on ETF2L forums.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7