Forum

Graphics Problem

Created 14th April 2013 @ 00:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Yo, ever since like yesterday my tf2 has looked like http://i.imgur.com/4cmQ38J.jpg
Ive tried switching drivers and seeing if anything in my configs to see if they are a problem.
Does anyone else know how to change this back as I’m stuck when it comes to fixing it.

This is in -dxlevel 81. My tf2 looks fine in -dxlevel95, however I would prefer to play in dx8

Oupa

Nave

Install version 306.97 of nvidia drivers and problem solved.
Also if you want to know why that happens its because newer versions of nvidia drivers fuck up with directx8 why it fucks up with directx8 i have no ideia. :)

vani

Bully

This happend to me yesterday aswell, downgrading the drivers solves it.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

either I’m doing something wrong (which I’m probably doing) or this just doesn’t want to work but the driver what you said to install says it isn’t compatible.
All the other drivers I’ve tried don’t fix this :/

Using a 660 gtx if that helps

Last edited by T0m,

deljin ♪

4SKINGS

yeah im having the same problem ^
using geforce gtx 560

OLD

I had nearly the same problem with my tf2 after graphics drivers update, but it seems downgrading fixed it. Thanks :)

AnimaL

If flashing is the problem and there is no way to downgrade to 306.97 then you can buy or “find” dxtory version 2.0.111 and enable overlay… That it fixes it, other versions might also work but i never tried…

Last edited by AnimaL,

deljin ♪

4SKINGS

instead of looking for a the 306.97 just download a past version of your graphic card
worked for me

AnimaL

Quoted from deljin ♪

instead of looking for a the 306.97 just download a past version of your graphic card

O_O

Quoted from deljin ♪

worked for me

I rolled my drivers back 3 times to older and older versions and that didn’t help.

I had to use Driversweeper to delete all of my driver and then install the 306.97 version. Now i won’t dare to update to the newer ones.

deljin ♪

4SKINGS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]O_O

0_0

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Fixed it :D
Thanks for the help guys, I was an idiot and was trying to install the 32 bit drivers when I needed to use the 64 bit drivers.

maukkaaa

are we talking about the game “blinking” in dx8? i fixed that by just setting my game to dx9

Add A Reply Pages: 1