Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 61 Next »

AnAkkk

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

What I believe Shinku was trying to point out is that with some minor code modifications this plugin could easily be turned into an actual cheat. Whether or not that’s true only Casual can say.

Making a cheat is quite easy, with or without this plugin, and there are already a lot of cheat source codes available.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from Jörge

If it could get people VAC banned, why not email it to someone at Valve to find out? Then people using it can stop and so won’t get banned, and if it won’t ban people, everyone can use it without worrying :)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28160626&postcount=26 :>

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I can’t play with 90 fov. I barely notice things not running straight at me as it is.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Miek

[…]

Thats from the 1st Febuary (or 2nd of January if it’s American date notation). Has anyone actually been VAC banned using this plugin since that post?

nwdlz

Sǒski

btw it is not working without “-insecure” on my side.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Thats from the 1st Febuary (or 2nd of January if it’s American date notation). Has anyone actually been VAC banned using this plugin since that post?

I think this thread would be full of shit coming from such person(s) by now, so asking that question here is rather silly.

arD

-[S2L]

Should we (as in European Community) make a petition for the Fov/Transparent viewmodel/mat_picmip restrictions. I think a big community like ETF2L can make valve look into the issue. Right guys? :D

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

2bad valve doesn’t care

AnAkkk

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

No, as they don’t want to ban competitive players.

Shinku

Gensokyo

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

No, as they don’t want to ban competitive players.

No, it’s just because noone abused this plugin before. I’m almost sure even the provided binary can be .data-patched to make speedhacking possible.

AnimaL

Quoted from Shinku

[…]
No, it’s just because noone abused this plugin before. I’m almost sure even the provided binary can be .data-patched to make speedhacking possible.

you think hacks like this dont exist? valve isnt banning anyone cuz the plugin doesnt do anything that really counts as hacking, sure its on a line but it doesnt exactly ALLOW sv_cheats 0 usage without tinkering with it… so any idiot that comes here and brags how easy it would be to edit it to enable cheats is just looking like asshole

Last edited by AnimaL,

Panromir

|LZ|

Quoted from arD

Should we (as in European Community) make a petition for the Fov/Transparent viewmodel/mat_picmip restrictions. I think a big community like ETF2L can make valve look into the issue. Right guys? :D

Yes. In theory that’s possible.

wrock

vier

Quoted from arD

ye do it.. the last time we did this the old version of the plugin was “banned/broken” (whatever)
and we got a variable to restrict this
+ a kind of a warning if we use this further….

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

[nvm]

Last edited by fraac,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Shinku

[…]
Oh, really? After looking briefly at the code I’d say it’s possible to add a speedhack to it in 2 lines of code, making it undetectable by server plugins is ~10 more minutes.
Adding rendering hooks and releasing it as a cheat = getting all current legit users VAC’d.
Take care.

What you just said is: “Take a random plugin, add a cheat. Now you have a cheat.” nice logic you got there.

Quoted from Shinku

[…]

First: speedhacking can be done by setting sv_cheats 1, host_timescale 8
Second: Doing so will get you autobanned in 90% of public servers in under a minute
Third: Hiding this behaviour is non-trivial and requires you to know what you’re doing (refuting ‘could easily be turned into an actual cheat’).
Fourth: Editing .data… Rofl. Thanks for the laugh. (hint: why bother hex editing if you have the source code available???)

To make this post less useless:
Quoted from Blinky

Can u please, fix that voice chat issue?

I wish I knew how :(

Quoted from Morgus

Is it possible to disable the name changing feature?

Remove the name feature & recompile from source.

Quoted from Miek

[…]

Note that at no point does he say that the bypass ITSELF will get you VAC banned, just that you can use this to load plugins that may get you VAC banned (as it does not prevent you from shooting yourself in the foot).

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 61 Next »