Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 49 50 51 ... 61 Next »

audi1234

anakin are you from the elxdraco forum

AnAkkk

Quoted from audi1234

anakin are you from the elxdraco forum

Yes.

Demetrius

Could you show me at least 1 guy who really got VAC ban for using this plugin?

zhs

Quoted from Arcticcu

[…]

I’ve no need to, as I’m not opposed to having higher fov. Valve has however made it VERY CLEAR by now that any unsigned plugins are considered cheating. Therefore also this unsigned plugin is considered cheating.

I think I’ll just take Valve’s word for what is a cheat in their own game, instead of relying upon your own definition of a cheat.

Any third-party modification to a game designed to give one player an advantage over another is classified as a cheat or hack and will trigger a VAC ban.

I’m sure you’re aware that one of the latest game updates classified OpenPlugin as a cheat, because it clearly blocked it’s usage and said that continued usage of it will lead to bans. It was also previously deemed as a cheat by vac rules (third party modification designed to give advantage (advantage is higher fov; any downsides caused by it are irrelevant)). Keep arguing about it if you want, but you’re effectively arguing valve’s rules which I’m simply copying.

Do you play div 4 highlander on purpouse ? Isn’t it because everyone is cheating ?

easyGame

Quoted from Demetrius

Could you show me at least 1 guy who really got VAC ban for using this plugin?

UGC admin moose.

eheheheh

rockie

Quoted from AnAkkk

And…it’s fixed!

yo junkieeess here’s ur drug!!!!!!!!

unu

Quoted from AnAkkk

And…it’s fixed!

I hope Valve doesn’t pussy out and actually VAC ban people who are stupid enough to use it.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Gonna test this today. Yolo right?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Arctic, OpenPlugin isn’t designed to give an advantage so it’s not a cheat by your definition. If it still gets around the -insecure check rather than uses some other method then I’d expect bans, because that would be seen as insolence.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from panalmi

Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned.

This is the turning point people.
For the love of god make a petition or something.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/valve-corporation-help-the-competitive-tf2-community-by-adding-3-simple-features

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Quoted from cube

i love it ! fuck plugins

geh dota spielen

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

You’d surely use higher fov if it was allowed wouldn’t ya lil pole? Anyway not evreybody used this plugin to play with higher fov, some people loved those quake graphs, but were they cheating? It’s the same as playing DiabloMod server in cs 1.6 on Software. You see every invisible person, i believe there are some settings in tf2 which allow you to see spies as well.

Yet it’s not.
You can either still try to use the plugin risking a perm ban or get over it and stop crying that now you have to play like the rest of the community. Nothing has changed in this area, -inscecure is just working a bit better, fun part is that -insecure is there to help you not getting vac banned for using some shady ways to alternate how the game is working in the first place.

Quoted from Kemor

[…]It’s the same as playing DiabloMod server in cs 1.6 on Software. You see every invisible person, i believe there are some settings in tf2 which allow you to see spies as well.

It’s totally the opposite.
Serverside mod =/= Abusing game bug
Who on earth gave you such a ridiculous example?

The problem is not the fov slider, it’s neither the graphics detail level nor any game config personal preference but the way you are trying to gain those settings and in short an advantage over other players while balancing on the “ban line”
Players configuration is a personal preference, gaining any unfair advantage via modding the game and/or in a result of the serious bug is cheating.

You don’t need a speedhack/wallhack/whatever to cheat.
Are those fov plugins cheats? No/Probably not
Is the way the plugins are implemented not fair/dangerous/a bug? Yes.

Why is the sv_pure on servers?
Why do we need to keep particles/sounds/textures consistent for all the server clients?
Are skins a cheat(well ‘hack’ would be a better word here)? No.
Is playing with glowing models/sticky traps considered a cheating? Yes.

You are lacking some basic knowledge to even try to discuss all those ‘complicated topics’

Also, your attitude to your own nation is stupid, you are not better than the rest of your own country if you are trying to insult them. I won’t even start to say how stupid generalizing people is.
You don’t sound smarter when you are trying to insult someone just because of your lack of argumentation. Grow up.

Dno i wodorosty.

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

Houdini

So many people talking, crying, bitching, loving fov changer. Am i the only who use OpenPlugin for viewmodel_fov_demo, name changer, cl_downloadfilter “mapsonly” and
transparent viewmodels only ?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

You don’t need higher fov as a scout.

Arcticcu

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

As a player who isn’t using it, your only concern with the plugin should be whether someone using it has an advantage over you (which they quite clearly don’t). So if your only issue is that it bypasses VAC, you’re just an idiot. I don’t think there’s any sane person who’s arguing here for the plugin itself, but merely arguing for greater customisation in the game. It just so happens that customisation doesn’t exist, so people have to resort to using plugins to get the results they want. And so be it, I see no issue with this.

Actually, no I’m not an idiot if I’m worried about it bypassing vac. THIS IS WHAT A DEFINITION OF CHEAT IS. I’ve not argued against how big of an advantage the plugin gives you, I’ve simply said that openplugin is a cheat, since valve has said so. Also, yes openplugin users have an advantage over me (higher fov). Before you say it makes aiming harder, so does using a speedhack. Of course I don’t believe this is as bad of an advantage, but it is a third party program that gives you an advantage.

And yes, any sane person isn’t arguing for openplugin itself. Except every time when I do say that it is a cheat there are 20 people who argue against me, even though I’ve said nothing about higher fov being a cheat in itself; therefore they’re arguing for openplugin. I’m done here, I’m not even going to argue about this anymore: openplugin is, was and will in the future be a cheat (unless it’s signed), if you want to dispute this then go cry to valve.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 49 50 51 ... 61 Next »