Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 61 Next »

Kemor

Quoted from Mors Immortalis

[…]
How stupid this statement is in 1 – 10 scale?

You can change your settings in game,(WOW!) yet using a game bug to run third party program to modify the game is… well, cheating, no matter what that third party app gives you.
You like it or not, a bug was fixed.

Changing fov limits is just another story, you still can use serverside mods to change it.

You’d surely use higher fov if it was allowed wouldn’t ya lil pole? Anyway not evreybody used this plugin to play with higher fov, some people loved those quake graphs, but were they cheating? It’s the same as playing DiabloMod server in cs 1.6 on Software. You see every invisible person, i believe there are some settings in tf2 which allow you to see spies as well.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

You’d surely use higher fov if it was allowed wouldn’t ya lil pole? Anyway not evreybody used this plugin to play with higher fov, some people loved those quake graphs, but were they cheating? It’s the same as playing DiabloMod server in cs 1.6 on Software. You see every invisible person, i believe there are some settings in tf2 which allow you to see spies as well.

Spies are not rendered as invisible or transparent, they are just not rendered at all. Without acquiring information about player’s position, you can’t see the spy when he goes invisible.

Kemor

I’m pretty sure i saw some video on yt showing invisible spies as grey fog, it might’ve been old or some mod.

N1ZUW

I honestly dont know why there is so much hassle in this topic. Every player that has an unfair advantage towards another one, is cheating. End of story.

The main point here is that Valve should try to listen to the majority of the comunity and give them what they want, instead of fixing bugs every two months and bringing new hats and other useless shit to TF2 every week.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from N1ZUW

Every player that has an unfair advantage towards another one, is cheating. End of story.

Uh oh, time to throw my 120hz monitor away before I get banned

N1ZUW

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
Uh oh, time to throw my 120hz monitor away before I get banned

How’s that even related? Should I just do the same with my gaming mouse and go back to 30fps aswell in that case?

What is your understanding of cheating?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from N1ZUW

[…]

How’s that even related? Should I just do the same with my gaming mouse and go back to 30fps aswell in that case?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSKkKrUzUk

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from N1ZUW

[…]

it’s related because I have an unfair advantage over people with bad fps
I was highlighting how blunt (and wrong) your definition of cheating was

N1ZUW

Quoted from Starkie

[…]

Ok, let me put it this way then. Legitimatly speaking, if you have an unfair advantage that doesnt go by the rules of the game, you’re cheating. Am I right?

Just to clarify, I’m neither for or against OpenPlugin. In fact I’ve never used it so I cant tell you my opinion on it. All I know is that the usage of exterior programs to a game, that allow you change the way it works and bypass it’s limits, is going to bring a gap between users and non-users of such program.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

All this time spent whining like silly noobs who can’t play with a little less fov, can be spent setting up a custom resolution in your video cards drivers

stop qq’ing ffs… you all knew this was going to happen eventually.

ps. there is still time to all agree to use tftrue on etf2l match servers and allow higher fov_desired in an actually legit way ^_^

Dennia

FAINT

Quoted from Starkie

[…]

Stark is a big noob who likes being called an idiot in swedish

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]

I thought ignoring you would be the way to go, but I can’t stand this anymore. You just have no clue what you are talking about. 1)Do you know what cheating is? 2)Have you tried cheating? 3)Have you tried using OpenPlugin?4) Do you understand what constitutes an ‘unfair advantage’? 5)Have you ever thought why would Valve put limits on the settings this plugin has unlocked? 6)Have you EVER played any competitive game as something more than just a mean of entertainment?

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) No.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes, many actually

And if you would have any sense you would understand that if you bypass some securtit thing to do something thats not ok, even if you wouldn’t do anything after that.
so basicaly: użyj mózgu głupia pizdo

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

1) Yes.
2) No.
3) No.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Yes, many actually

And if you would have any sense you would understand that if you bypass some securtit thing to do something thats not ok, even if you wouldn’t do anything after that.
so basicaly: użyj mózgu głupia pizdo

Very mature of you, only confirming my belief that you don’t know what you are talking about.

SmitZ

Quoted from N1ZUW

I honestly dont know why there is so much hassle in this topic. Every player that has an unfair advantage towards another one, is cheating. End of story.

That implies that openplugin was only used to change FOV (which I’m assuming is the part that you disagree with), which is clearly not true. So don’t talk about it as if it is.

If I just use it to make my game’s graphics looks shit, am I still a cheater? Of course I’m not.

Arcticcu

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

That implies that openplugin was only used to change FOV (which I’m assuming is the part that you disagree with), which is clearly not true. So don’t talk about it as if it is.

If I just use it to make my game’s graphics looks shit, am I still a cheater? Of course I’m not.

Of course you are. You’ve used something that bypasses vac (unsigned third party plugin), and is therefore a cheat. Correct me if I’m wrong, but a cheater is defined as someone who uses cheats.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 47 48 49 ... 61 Next »