Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 61 Next »

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

while I would like the features of OpenPlugin implemented myself, I wonder if everybody would be equally defensive about it, if Casual had released it as fovhack.exe, instead of tricking valve’s plugin system and calling it OpenPlugin.

Guyyst

JI

Quoted from djc

[…]

this is exactly what everyone who is in favor of openplugin is acting like, too, you realize.

Look, I’m not in favour of OpenPlugin. I’m in favour of a higher fov.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from cmd

[…]
Pulling out dem strawman arguments.
Openplugin IS a 3rd party plugin which lets you achieve certain settings that you otherwise would not be able to. It IS comparable to a cheat or a hack.
Whether it gives you a clear advantage or not is both debatable and irrelevant.

OH MY GOD, ROFL. And now you accuse me in pulling out the strawman arguments :D . I think you should not just wipe the blood from your ass, but also stop living in the dark cave and breath some fresh air instead :D

The one, who pulls out the strawman arguments is you and all OpenPlugin haters.

Unhappy TF2 player : Oh my god, this sh*t openplugin, it is a fu*king cheat, it is so annoying that that m*therfu*ker got clear advantage over me
Mirelin : Well, why you just don’t use it by yourself then? It can’t be called by the cheat, since it is available for everybody.
Unhappy TF2 Player : OH MY GOD, are you retarded? Aimbot is available for everybody too. Should we all use it now?

Basicly, the thing which I noticed, some people being unhappy about openplugin. When I ask them, WHY? They are always avoiding the answer with THEIR “strawman” counter questions

I just didn’t understand, was it that hard to install it?

Theoretically, this openplugin can be called by a cheat. But cheat, for me it is something that makes game not fun to play. Something that makes game unfair and something you can recieve ban for – Wallhack, autoshoot, aimbot.

Factically, can’t be called by a cheat. It is not banned in a league. Not a single person got banned for it in steam. That fov_desired doesn’t really makes you to see more. At least for me it didn’t. It made for me slightly more comfortable to play, nothing more.

Somebody said that you could load other cheats through this plugin…. . Well, that’s an another story and I really think that valve should allow us to switch fov_desired at least up to 110. Like they allowed to switch viewmodel_fov from 54 . Oh, no, wait, we are valve, we make only hats, we release updates full of bugs, we don’t care about our customers, we wan’t more hats and weapons. We release updates where we fix bugs and in our previous update we fixed the invisible models, but for some reason they are still becoming invisible.

The same about Dota 2

Daily routine, Gabe at work talking to his colleagues.
Gabe: So guys, what we gonna release on this Friday?
Colleague #1 : New sets
Colleague #2 : New nerfs!!!
Colleague #3 : New hero, :) ?

Everybody starring at Colleague #3, 15 seconds later he got thrown out of the window.

Last edited by Mirelin,

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from slate

while I would like the features of OpenPlugin implemented myself, I wonder if everybody would be equally defensive about it, if Casual had released it as fovhack.exe, instead of tricking valve’s plugin system and calling it OpenPlugin.

If thats all it takes to trick valve’s system, why aren’t all “hacks” labeled in a neutral way?

Last edited by herpderp,

Guyyst

JI

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

OH MY GOD, ROFL. And now you accuse me in pulling out the strawman arguments :D . I think you should not just wipe the blood from your ass, but also stop living in the dark cave and breath some fresh air instead :D

Unhappy TF2 player : Oh my god, this sh*t openplugin, it is a fu*king cheat, it is so annoying that that m*therfu*ker got clear advantage over me
Mirelin : Well, why you just don’t use it by yourself then? It can’t be called by the cheat, since it is available for everybody.
Unhappy TF2 Player : OH MY GOD, are you retarded? Aimbot is available for everybody too. Should we all use it now?

Basicly, the thing which I noticed, some people being unhappy about openplugin. When I ask them, WHY? They are always avoiding the answer with THEIR “strawman” counter questions

Theoretically, this openplugin can be called by a cheat. But cheat, for me it is something that makes game not fun to play. Something that makes game unfair and something you can recieve ban for – Wallhack, autoshoot, aimbot.

Factically, can’t be called by a cheat. It is not banned in a league. Not a single person got banned for it in steam. That fov_desired doesn’t really makes you to see more. At least for me it didn’t. It made for me slightly more comfortable to play, nothing more.

Somebody said that you could load other cheats through this plugin…. . Well, that’s an another story and I really think that valve should allow us to switch fov_desired at least up to 110. Like they allowed to switch viewmodel_fov from 54 . Oh, no, wait, we are valve, we make only hats, we release updates full of bugs, we don’t care about our customers, we wan’t more hats and weapons.

The same about Dota 2

Everybody starring at Colleague #3, 15 seconds later he got thrown out of the window.

Thank you.

Maffi

REVERTO

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

Somebody said that you could load other cheats through this plugin…. . Well, that’s an another story and I really think that valve should allow us to switch fov_desired at least up to 110. Like they allowed to switch viewmodel_fov from 54 . Oh, no, wait, we are valve, we make only hats, we release updates full of bugs, we don’t care about our customers, we wan’t more hats and weapons. We release updates where we fix bugs and in our previous update we fixed the invisible models, but for some reason they are still becoming invisible.

The same about Dota 2

Best

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Guyyst

[…]

It’s not about you nor your opinion, it’s about this argument not being a dialouge, but rather a double monologue, with either side not listening to the other.

Python

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

The same about Dota 2

God has spoken.

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Mirelin

It can’t be called by the cheat, since it is available for everybody.

But cheat, for me it is something that makes game not fun to play. Something that makes game unfair and something you can recieve ban for – Wallhack, autoshoot, aimbot.

The closest thing you got there to an actual definition of what a cheat is is the 3rd one, the other 2 are simply laughable. While fov increasers aren’t banned by the league, it seems the most popular method of doing it now is cheating. I don’t get all the crying from the pro-fov crowd: it’s already been mentioned plenty of times that custom resolutions will fix the “problem” for most people.

SmitZ

Quoted from Guyyst

[…]

Well I don’t think anyone is in favour of the plugin itself. Why would they be?

People only want to the neat customisation it brings. 110 FOV is great, and better yet with mat_picmip I can make my game look incredibly shitty, just the way I like it. But that doesn’t mean that I support the plugin itself.

Calling it a “hack” or calling people who use it “cheaters” is just ignorant and stupid. You could argue that the plugin walks a thin line between cheating and being legitimate, but the fact is that the changes to the game are minimal. If people using openplugin wanted to hack, they would fucking hack, not increase their FOV by 20 to suit personal taste.

The plugin only exists due to a lack of appropriate customisation options in the standard game. But sadly Valve will never implement higher FOV, for some completely arbitrary reason.

Crafz

It wasn’t a cheat it was a plug-in.

Drem

fgt

I’ve never heard a guy using fov 100-110 to complain about a guy using 130. If the plugin was banned due to It’s BIG ADVANTAGE OVER OTHERS , should fov 90 be banned aswell because there are still people using 75 ?

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Vali

I don’t get all the crying from the pro-fov crowd: it’s already been mentioned plenty of times that custom resolutions will fix the “problem” for most people.

Aside from using Eyefinity (which is a financially heavy fix for a lot of ETF2L’s userbase, and can be spatially impractical), doing it through custom resolutions isn’t a very elegant way to fix it.

I agree that it was inevitable Valve would do something about this as it opened a path for other things (We can wonder why Valve’s plugin signing system and their response to feedback in relation to competitive TF2 are so poor but thats a waste of time at this point).

freshmeatt

‹Con›

What the fuck is up with people not understanding that using the plugin does not fall under the definition of cheating!? Breaking the rules is not equal to cheating, the ‘VAC ban’ part in Valve’s threats is only an indication they don’t have any other way of imposing their rules upon everyone and certainly doesn’t mean that using third party tools makes you a cheater! If you can’t understand the difference, then at least get your fucking semantics straight!

SmitZ

Quoted from freshmeatt

If you can’t understand the difference, then at least get your fucking semantics straight!

I like you.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 45 46 47 ... 61 Next »