Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 61 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Yes….yes you can.

X-L

AziluM

Does ETF2L allows teams to use “SMAC” to prevent some players to take advantage with their fov changer.

Would be awesome to all play equally during matches.

Last edited by X-L,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from X-L

Does ETF2L allows teams to use “SMAC” to prevent some players to take advantage with their fov changer.

ETF2L hasn’t banned this plug-in so it would be unwise to use that kind of anti-cheat on a war server.

Quoted from X-L

Everyone is able to use the plugin so everyone is equal.

X-L

AziluM

Completely false.
This is a third party program that MIGHT get me banned and that is the main reason I can’t and won’t use it.

That’s why it is unfair.

rarecandy

Quoted from X-L

Completely false.
This is a third party program that MIGHT get me banned and that is the main reason I can’t and won’t use it.

That’s why it is unfair.

Can’t use ≠ won’t use

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from X-L

SMAC requires SourceMod/MetaMod, which is generally frowned upon being installed on match servers. There are other native plugins but they’re all closed source / do not allow configuration of the cvar checker.

Quoted from X-L

Completely false.

That’s why it is unfair.

If you want high fov without this plugin, use a custom resolution.

EDIT: Suppose you want 110 fov on a 5:4 (1280×1024) monitor (using this):
Launch options: -windowed -w 1280 -h 660 -noborder

Last edited by Casual,

X-L

AziluM

My point is that I don’t want to adpat to those who are trespassing the established game rules (aka fov 75-90).

My question remains simple: Am I allowed to block/kick players using a third party program to increase their fov during an ETF2L match?

Monkeh

Kicking an enemy from your server during an etf2l match for breaking not a single rule as laid out on the etf2l rules page, will probably just result in a default win going to the other team.

Have fun.

Last edited by Monkeh,

X-L

AziluM

Quoted from Monkeh

Kicking an enemy from your server during an etf2l match for breaking not a single rule as laid out on the etf2l rules page, will probably just result in a default win going to the other team.

Have fun.

With an automated system as mentioned in casual’s post, the game won’t be started yet when the block happens.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from X-L

My question remains simple: Am I allowed to block/kick players using a third party program to increase their fov during an ETF2L match?

Admins stated before the release of this plugin that plugins are allowed :]

Monkeh

Quoted from X-L

With an automated system as mentioned in casual’s post, the game won’t be started yet when the block happens.

So you want to wait until the game is about to start and then force your opponents to get mercs for everyone of them using this plug in with little to no notice!

Please open up your brain and allow it utilise all those little connections between cells in there. You have more connections between brain cells than there are stars in THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, please, let them do their job.

What you suggest is nothing other than default hunting by another name and will end up with so much shit hitting so many fans the world will never recover due to atmospheric shit blocking sunlight from reaching the surface of Earth for many years.

Do you WANT to be responsible for an extinction level event on your home planet? No? Then stop with the ridiculous ideas please.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from X-L

My point is that I don’t want to adpat to those who are trespassing the established game rules (aka fov 75-90).

FACT: Your effective FOV depends on your aspect ratio. If you have set up a fov_desired of 90 that doesn’t mean you actually have a fov of 90 (only on 4:3 aspect ratios).
FACT: Players with a 5:4 screen (eg 1280×1024) are at a significant disadvantage (effective fov of 86°) vs players with a 16:9 (eg 1680×945) screen (effective fov of 106°).
FACT: Not everyone has a widescreen monitor.
FACT: ‘established game rules’ which you took the liberty to interpret and claim as the only and undeniable interpretation of said rules.

What this plugin does is make it easy for people to get the same fov as those cheating bastards with a 16:9 screen without needing to mess around with custom resolutions.

See what I did there? My plugin now allows people to who were at a ‘disadvantage’ to compete with an equal fov.

rd6

what’s the limit on picmip for this? After 10, console just says some rendering crashed.

Also, is there anything else that improves fps with this plugin?

audi1234

Quoted from rd6

what’s the limit on picmip for this? After 10, console just says some rendering crashed.

Also, is there anything else that improves fps with this plugin?

if you got fps drops install not hats
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041907
it helps a lot

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 61 Next »