ft.
WiK?

Does altering FOV affect your aim?

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from envy

[…]

Why would Valve sign this plugin, if they can simply recap 2 cvars?

Then you can possibly logically conclude with your own great mind, that maybe the plugin is then considered as a cheat, since it hasn’t been signed, and bypasses certain restrictions?

I seriously don’t care what happens to the plugin, whether it is allowed (so people can actually use it), or banned and the cvars in TF2 are recapped. I, and most of people not using the plugin, just want some action from Valve regarding this plugin.

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

Also read VERY carefully what he says; he ONLY says that bypassing the -insecure check may lead you to load other unsigned plugins which MAY get you vac banned.

I read those 4 sentences carefully. One of them is
“A plugin that disables this safeguard [the -insecure check] runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”
Now i see that it´s perfectly safe.
This was the only reason for me not to use it.
Now i got another reason :-)
Quoted from Casual

(fyi I am a cheat developer, I know how this shit works ;)

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Sideshow

High FOV = you see more but stuff is smaller, harder to hit exactly what you want as it’s smaller.

Low FOV = zoom, stuff is larger, easier to hit and see stuff.

Some people prefer high, some prefer low. In games where it’s uncapped you find people playing with all kinds of FOVs, in TF2 it’s capped so low that any player who prefers high FOV is handicapped without this plugin.

envy

Quoted from Kissakala

Then you can possibly logically conclude with your own great mind, that maybe the plugin is then considered as a cheat, since it hasn’t been signed, and bypasses certain restrictions?

It wasn’t banned either. Valve said it might get you VAC’d, because of how VAC works, but was no reports it really gets you banned. If Valve wanted to ban it, they could did it long before. They simply chicken out and decided to stay neutral (actually not neutral, but passively allowing usage of the plugin).

Last edited by envy,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
I read those 4 sentences carefully. One of them is
“A plugin that disables this safeguard [the -insecure check] runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”
Now i see that it´s perfectly safe.
This was the only reason for me not to use it.

Here’s the context for that quote: “The -insecure check is there to prevent people accidentally getting VAC banned by having server plugins loaded client-side. A plugin that disables this safeguard runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”

This says: Bypassing the -insecure check allows you to load other plugins (such as various server plugins) which enable cheating (sourcemod allows you to force adjust any cvar regardless of restrictions). This may result in a ban.
He then recommends (for the previously stated reasons) to uninstall this and any similar plugins. At no point does he say that bypassing and/or using this plugin WILL inevitable lead to a VAC ban. All it says it that by removing this restriction you may shoot yourself in the foot by loading a cheat. Reading comprehension ;)

Now i got another reason :-)
[…]

This was never a secret and your reasoning is flawed; the source code is all there if you want to check if I’ve done something malicious.
FYI: the ‘people’ who made the other fov changers all have experience with making cheats. That’s the whole reason why we are capable of making these plugins in the first place. That’s where we get our knowledge from…

Quoted from crouton

[…]

I don’t think you need to.

It would only make the plugin become more of a “cheat” and give more fodder for the anti-fun people.

Also, I don’t think anyone needs to play on Rocket Blast that bad, they’re not that good servers.

That may be true but I do not take kindly to these things. They could have gone for a less aggressive ‘ask nicely first (temp) ban later’ (and if you http://tf2.rocketblast.cominterpret their rules properly[/url] they should temp banned you for a week first OR perma ban directly. Month bans are only for repeat offenders) but they decided that their server is to be ruled like a dictatorship so I will deal with them as such.

Last edited by Casual,

Dendocror

idd.
~MOE~

Quoted from Sideshow

Best post in this thread.

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

[…]
Here’s the context for that quote: “The -insecure check is there to prevent people accidentally getting VAC banned by having server plugins loaded client-side. A plugin that disables this safeguard runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”

So
“A plugin that disables this safeguard runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”
does not mean
“Using a plugin that bypasses the insecure check MIGHT result in a VAC ban”?

Of course this doesn´t not mean that you will get banned, but neither it says that bypassing the insecure won´t get you banned.

envy

Quoted from Setsul

And using a plugin that don’t bypasses the insecure check WON’T result in a VAC ban, because, surprise-surprise, TF2 won’t load it.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
So
“A plugin that disables this safeguard runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned.”
does not mean

Of course this doesn´t not mean that you will get banned, but neither it says that bypassing the insecure won´t get you banned.

So we both agree that Drunken_Fool is very careful not to say anything meaningful :)

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Just reading the posts in this thread made my day.
Brb, gonna go get banned from rocketshit servers ))))))))
inb4 valve gets mad at vacbans us all
edit: lost my patience faster than they could ban me

Last edited by Kvux,

Arcticcu

why are there so many pages of offtopic, to which I’m contributing? use the plugin – run the risk of being vac banned at some point, since you’re using an unauthorized plugin. that’s all there is to it, literally.

as for rocket blast banninb players for using it, so what? I’d ban people using it too until valve says it’s cool/signs it/whatever.

AnimaL

valve has never signed anything but p-rec… the signing system doesnt work and shouldnt be argument to anything

s3

Quoted from Casual

[…]They could have gone for a less aggressive ‘ask nicely first (temp) ban later’ (and if you http://tf2.rocketblast.cominterpret their rules properly[/url] they should temp banned you for a week first OR perma ban directly. Month bans are only for repeat offenders) but they decided that their server is to be ruled like a dictatorship so I will deal with them as such.

A one month ban IS a temp ban, you know. Normally cheating is an instant permanent ban, but since a lot of people seem to believe that using unsigned plugins to give themselves an unfair advantage isn’t actually cheating, we’ve been lenient about it. And somehow you managed to misread the rules that are plainly stated on the very page you linked: first we’d ban you for a day for any repeated offense (trash talking, griefing, etc), then 1 week, then 1 month, then permanent. The fact that FOV cheaters got 1 month instead of perm bans is simply because we’re being nice about it.
Still, anyone using an unsigned plugin to extend their FOV above the limits imposed by Valve are cheating, and we don’t allow that on our servers.

Arcticcu

Quoted from AnimaL

valve has never signed anything but p-rec… the signing system doesnt work and shouldnt be argument to anything

so what? valve could easily increase the fov cap if they wanted to, yet they’ve chosen not to. they’ve also said that unsigned plugins can get you vac banned which means it’s cheating.

using third party programs and plugins to give yourself an advantage over others is called cheating, no matter how shit the signing system is. If valve wants you to have 130 fov, they’ll give you the chance themself, as it is painfully easy to do.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 61 Next »