Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 61 Next »

unu

Quoted from Sheepsi

[…]
lets ban every player who binds a key for a message on the server.
after all, thats an unfair advantage for people who need to write all this shit down

[Sarcasm]Yes because that requires an external plugin.[/Sarcasm]

Idiot.

Last edited by unu,

envy

Quoted from unu

[Sarcasm]Yes because that requires an external plugin.[/Sarcasm]
Idiot.

Why don’t you state your opinion on this things, clever boy?

Quoted from envy

GPU and keyboard software.

Or because it’s not a PLUHGHIN, it’s okay now?

vøid

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]oh please do tell…

I only use it to change name in game :DDD

Last edited by vøid,

lwf

[α]

Brb, getting my soapbox.

The -insecure check is there to prevent people accidentally getting VAC banned by having server plugins loaded client-side. A plugin that disables this safeguard runs the risk of getting the user VAC banned. If you’ve installed this plugin or any similar plugins, I’d recommend removing it right away. If a plugin author wants to make suggestions for the game, they should send email to the TF Team and/or start a forum thread to gain support for their ideas.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28160626&postcount=26

First of all let’s get this one thing straight. Being able to adjust your FOV more freely than someone complying with the decided upon limits grants an advantage. There would have been no interest from competitive players if it didn’t, so that’s self-evident already just by you talking about it. But is it an unfair advantage? The plugin is out in the open so anyone may use it, what’s could be unfair about that?

The problem with this particular cheat isn’t so much its functionality as its method to acquire it; code that hasn’t received the blessing of signing from Valve, as opposed to the other common plugin, P-REC, which isn’t a cheat. I’m not even talking about bypassing or not bypassing the -insecure flag, plugins on the client that are not signed has been condemned by Valve, may result in a VAC ban and that’s the end of that. But it’s allowed by ETF2L?

So now you’ve done something nasty, you’ve changed what it takes to be able to compete with the competitive player. To do so now you too have to accept the possibility of a VAC ban to get that same edge. It’s not fair to ask your peers to drop down to your level and risk your Steam account to compete on equal terms. That’s why it’s not only an advantage but an unfair one and a cheat.

If these features are important to you, and I know they are, then you should do what Tony said. Tell Valve, tell their forums, get ETF2L involved and just make a lot of noise about it. Let them know this is what all ETF2L wants, if that’s so. Demand the features to be either added to TF2 or the plugin to be signed for all to use, not only those who are content with taking the same risks as any other cheater.

There’s still hope for some of you. If you’re in the least bit upset about a temp ban on a pub server then that’s good, there’s no way you’ve come to terms with the threat of your VAC ban yet. :)

Last edited by lwf,

unu

Very well written lwf.

darkusio

Quoted from lwf

huge wall of text

this

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

About RocketBlast banning the plugin:
1. Welcome to my blacklist
2. I hope you realize that I was playing nice when I made this plugin. I didn’t try to hide the fact people are increasing their fov cap in an attempt to avoid this kind of bs. Expect a new version soon where all its activity is hidden. (fyi I am a cheat developer, I know how this shit works ;)

Quoted from lwf

“I’d recommend removing it right away. If a plugin author wants to make suggestions for the game, they should send email to the TF Team and/or start a forum thread to gain support for their ideas.”

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=28160626&postcount=26%5B/quote%5D
Ha, you really believe this? If you want to get something done you do it your god damn self.
Also read VERY carefully what he says; he ONLY says that bypassing the -insecure check may lead you to load other unsigned plugins which MAY get you vac banned. In other words: if you load a cheat in vac protected games you may get vac banned. GASP

About making making support threads begging Valve for certain features: Remember how well that went for the whole drop system? Remember how EVERYONE HATED IT? (I still hate it). Remember all the fuss about people wanting an option to disable all cosmetic hats (hats with more polygons than the player models themselves killing people’s fps. Performance is the biggest advantage you can have. By wearing shitty unusuals with tons of polygons you are preventing others from competing on an acceptable level). In other words: yeah not going to happen.

audi1234

great plugin

exm

Quoted from Casual

hats with more polygons than the player models themselves killing people’s fps. Performance is the biggest advantage you can have. By wearing shitty unusuals with tons of polygons you are preventing others from competing on an acceptable level

You, sir, just won this argument.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from lwf

First of all let’s get this one thing straight. Being able to adjust your FOV more freely than someone complying with the decided upon limits grants an advantage.

What about those poor people using 16:10 and 4:3 resolutions? They are always at a disadvantage against people using 16:9.

@ Casual

Think you could do this http://strlen.com/gfxengine/fisheyequake/ with a plugin in TF2?

Last edited by herpderp,

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

What about those poor people using 16:10 and 4:3 resolutions? They are always at a disadvantage against people using 16:9.

force 4:3 or ban

Dendocror

idd.
~MOE~

Quoted from lwf

There’s still hope for some of you. If you’re in the least bit upset about a temp ban on a pub server then that’s good, there’s no way you’ve come to terms with the threat of your VAC ban yet. :)

You’re our salvation! There’s still hope!

I’ve never heard such melodramatic drivel in my life. I agree with what you’re saying on the whole, but nobody is butthurt about being banned from a public server. A group of about 6 of us were bored at 1am and decided to go on a server that was on 2fort, and suddenly 2 of us got banned. We were just confused, and rightfully so. Then we find out that a lot of players from ETF2L have been banned from the same server, all due to a biased admin who doesn’t agree with casual’s FOV plugin. If you google “fov clamp bypass” all the results are rocket blast.

If anything, s3 is the one butthurt here. Just look at his posts on the previous thread of this.

I agree, we need to get this signed. But at the same time, everyone should stop throwing in their 2 pence about this and just accept the fact that it was just a warning for anyone who happened to stumble upon that server with their FOV>90.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

So now you’ve done something nasty, you’ve changed what it takes to be able to compete with the competitive player. To do so now you too have to accept the possibility of a VAC ban to get that same edge. It’s not fair to ask your peers to drop down to your level and risk your Steam account to compete on equal terms. That’s why it’s not only an advantage but an unfair one and a cheat.

This is exactly why some people aren’t using it, including me. It would be better for everyone, if people started making a fuss about this, and actually getting it either banned or signed. I personally don’t care which. If it got signed/approved, most people would probably use it then.
But like has been said, it’s only giving people unfair advantages now, since it ISN’T signed.

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from Casual

Expect a new version soon where all its activity is hidden.

I don’t think you need to.

It would only make the plugin become more of a “cheat” and give more fodder for the anti-fun people.

Also, I don’t think anyone needs to play on Rocket Blast that bad, they’re not that good servers.

envy

Quoted from Kissakala

It would be better for everyone, if people started making a fuss about this, and actually getting it either banned or signed.

Why would Valve sign this plugin, if they can simply recap 2 cvars?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 61 Next »