Forum

TF2 won't launch

Created 29th August 2012 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Whenever I start TF2, the ‘Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2’ dialog comes up. After the dialog closes, the game would normally load up but such thing doesn’t happen. It says on steam that I’m ‘In-Game’ but it goes back to ‘Online’ after a few minutes. I’ve tried:
– Verifying the integrity of game cache
– Deleting ClientRegistry.blob
– Reinstalling
– Defragging
– Updated GFX drivers
– Putting ‘-autoconfig’ in launch options
– Local disk scan with ESET Smart Security 5
– Reinstalling Steam and installing TF2 again
– Starting TF2 from a free account
– Launching TF2 with default video drivers

Last edited by Atty,

Mits

Quoted from Atty

Whenever I start TF2, the ‘Preparing to launch Team Fortress 2’ dialog comes up. After the dialog closes, the game would normally load up but such thing doesn’t happen. It says on steam that I’m ‘In-Game’ but it goes back to ‘Online’ after a few minutes. I’ve tried:
– Verifying the integrity of game cache
– Deleting ClientRegistry.blob
– Reintalling

That exact thing happens to me when i have the mumble overlay enabled, maybe try disabling it?

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from Mits

[…]

That exact thing happens to me when i have the mumble overlay enabled, maybe try disabling it?

I haven’t even opened Mumble

Snezza

i’ve the same problem with other games since some days. I sent a ticket to steam, wait and see..

pilsom

CHR

are you using ATI tray tools?it screws my game over quite often,if you are just close it

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from pilsom

are you using ATI tray tools?it screws my game over quite often,if you are just close it

Nope

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Other games work, btw

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

I’ve updated my graphics drivers and I’m defragging right now

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

I’m still without any luck and I really want to play some TF2 again :(

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Try opening Task Manager and kill every ‘gameoverlayui.exe’ and ‘hl2.exe’ process.

Last edited by Casual,

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from Casual

Try opening Task Manager and kill every ‘gameoverlayui.exe’ and ‘hl2.exe’ process.

Funny thing is that the hl2.exe process starts up and after a few seconds it automatically closes itself.

Add A Reply Pages: 1