Forum

Need help with cfg

Created 29th February 2012 @ 02:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

General

Flame

I was wondering if its possible to bind random voice command (or at least voice commands in some order).
It would be useful for masking ubers. When medic is silent for whole round, not counting random responses (“Stand on ze point, Schweinhund!”), and suddenly, out of nothing, he shouts “Good shooting” its nearly as obvious as “Ready to charge”.
I know that I can bind specific commands to num pad oslt, but i want quick, easily spammable bind.

raappana

KoP!?

alias maskuber “voicemenu 0 0;say_team “*** CHARGE READY ***””

Source: http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/cfg/getconfig.php?conf=medic

Instead of numbers 0 0 you can try others like : 0 6 (Yes!) or 0 7 (No!)

Other voice commands:

0: Medic
1: Thanks
2: Go
3: Move Up
4: Flank Left
5: Flank Right
6: Yes
7: No

0: Incoming
1: Cloaked Spy
2: Sentry Ahead
3: Teleporter Here
4: Dispenser Here
5: Sentry Here
6: Activate ÜberCharge
7: (Medic Only) ÜberCharge Ready

0: Help
1: Battlecry
2: Cheers
3: Jeers
4: Positive
5: Negative
6: Nice Shot
7: Good Job

Last edited by raappana,

deli

IKEA

I do not think so it’s even possible to make a “random spam” commands
but You can make a binds under a movement buttons or something like that

it’s should help you

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=709568

qkls

qkls

alias spam spam1
alias spam1 “voicemenu 2 1; alias spam spam2”
alias spam2 “voicemenu 2 2; alias spam spam1”

etc

I bound the Fake Charge and the Maskuber on my mousewheel

General

Flame

thx qkls, ill try this one, maybe ill even bind it to wsad with movement.

octochris

(0v0)

Just use “MEDIC!”. Anything else and it’s obvious you’re masking uber (although any decent medic will rely on timing and the sound of your medigun crackling rather than anything else).

Last edited by octochris,

Dr Icecream

Quoted from octochris

Just use “MEDIC!”. Anything else and it’s obvious you’re masking uber (although any decent medic will rely on timing and the sound of your medigun crackling rather than anything else).

Exactly, spam that E button constantly, as if you’re building probes in starcraft (ye, sup) and you should be good

General

Flame

Bleh, spamming “medic” (I already do it) is simply boring :D
I want something funnier, cause medic has the best voice lines in TF2. Random (more or less) schweinhunds and dummkopfs works pretty much the same as “medic”.

BTW can too much CFGs lead to significant FPS drop?

Last edited by General,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

no

Last edited by smziii,

Dr Icecream

Quoted from General

Bleh, spamming “medic” (I already do it) is simply boring :D
I want something funnier, cause medic has the best voice lines in TF2. Random (more or less) schweinhunds and dummkopfs works pretty much the same as “medic”.

BTW can too much CFGs lead to significant FPS drop?

I thought it couldn’t, since cfg’s like these are only input and don’t impact the performance of your game. But i could be wrong.

Chris?

Spike Himself

TC

I always use the ‘Negative’ voice command thingy, as it’s the most quiet one and I don’t think I ever use the ‘MEDIC!’ one.

Also the whole “woohoo you can tell by the crackling” thing doesn’t really work in 6v6 because we play on servers with sv_pure on 2, disallowing custom sounds. Yes, that’s supposed to imply you can’t actually hear the sound most of the time (distance as well as comms and other game sounds render it perfectly ..unhearable, if that’s even a word..)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Spike Himself

Also the whole “woohoo you can tell by the crackling” thing doesn’t really work in 6v6 because we play on servers with sv_pure on 2, disallowing custom sounds. Yes, that’s supposed to imply you can’t actually hear the sound most of the time (distance as well as comms and other game sounds render it perfectly ..unhearable, if that’s even a word..)

You must be kidding me, I can hear it every single time (I don’t know any medic that can’t).

Spike Himself

TC

It must be the age then (

General

Flame

Yup, sound of charged uber is pretty distinctive. But against less skilled enemy its still worth effort to mask charge, in trickiest way possible.
Also why should I make enemy’s life easier?:)

//About “negative”: unless you are not using it frequently, even though its quietest voice command, it is still like shouting “I’m fully charge” in other medic’s face:)

Last edited by General,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »