Forum

Best Server Provider?

Created 23rd February 2012 @ 10:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

atmo

I pay €8/mo for a 1 GB quadcore VPS in Amsterdam, never had any complaints.

alvotech.de

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3330 @ 2.66GHz
MemTotal: 1048576 kB

SSH, FTP, apache, mumble etc all in one

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Spike Himself

Get 8 people to put some money together and get a cheap dedi at ovh (.fr) or hetzner (.de). They cost ~50 euros a month and they can easily run 8 to 12 tf2 servers. Even more if you don’t mind a bit of lag or are a reseller (sup hiperz).

enjoy your noob admined lagserver :)

AnimaL

hiperz best obviously, but is rather expensive

ondkaja

IKEA

Avoid http://www.gameservers.com at all costs. It’s very expensive, the support is bad and the server I had was down 50% of the time, and when it was up it suffered from lag-spikes. Only upside is that it had FTP access, but if you need that you should probably get the server from another provider that allows FTP access.

george

Quoted from ondkaja

Avoid http://www.gameservers.com at all costs. It’s very expensive, the support is bad and the server I had was down 50% of the time, and when it was up it suffered from lag-spikes. Only upside is that it had FTP access, but if you need that you should probably get the server from another provider that allows FTP access.

+1

Z0R0

Get 8 people to put some money together and get a cheap dedi at ovh (.fr) or hetzner (.de). They cost ~50 euros a month and they can easily run 8 to 12 tf2 servers. Even more if you don’t mind a bit of lag or are a reseller (sup hiperz).

50 euros a month is cheap? :)

wnk1ee

Quoted from george

[…]+1

I actually can confirm this ,i have rendted up to 7/8 servers there all laggy as hell.. there more concern about adding the quantity of server(s) then actually performance.

Gameplayservers.co.uk is ballsack aswell , rented for a month there horrible tbh.

mrzap.de sets you up with a contract , that you need to do out.. they don’t auto-update the server and they add the update to the server after a couple of days , which makes it rly horrible because you can’t update it yourself.

ycn-hosting my MGE + Warserver public comes from there, pretty decent and happy about it , you can update it yourself when needed and the uptime is very good.

Hiperz > renting my 19 slot warserver there , some people might disagree with me but it’s a good server provider for TF2.. it auto updates when valve launches a update.. even with the mods i’m running on it ( sourcemod/meta/skd hooks/MATCHMOD it runs pretty much fine. I have heared about the reselling thingie , but for the price i can’t complain tho and the quality is very good.

540hosting > quality server , have hade issue with RTCW:ET back in the days there but TF2,COD 4,CSS gameservers are from high quality.

Lowpings.net uther shit , lowpriced and low quality don’t even try it ..

Gameservers.net bullshit and over priced.

Multiplay: have not tryed them out myself.

wnk1ee

You can also rent a box if you want multiplay servers , i hade done this back in the days ( 2009.. ) rented up to two boxes in amsterdam used one for my multigaming and one for reselling features.

Personal i never hade issue with that , worked fine in running multiplay servers,mumble,ts,ventrilo,webspace etc etc..

It’s also to see for what purpose you are going to use it for tho, take a good look around and test some server(s) out.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I always liked Clanhost.nl

It’s been years since I rented a server, but at the time our server was very sought after for officials etc, seemed to ping well throughout Europe and the support staff were happy to assist anyone who had bad routing there.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

enjoy your noob admined lagserver :)

Obviously you need someone that has a head and at least one hand, to administer the server :D

severus

burn

I have a ckras.com server right now and it’s the second best server I’ve owned. Only provider able to beat it is g-portal.de, it’s just crazy how much better you hit, especially with Sniper, on a g-portal server than on any other o.O

Last edited by severus,

george

Quoted from severus

I have a ckras.com server right now and it’s the second best server I’ve owned. Only provider able to beat it is g-portal.de, it’s just crazy how much better you hit, especially with Sniper, on a g-portal server than on any other o.O

Is g-portal really that good? Someone?

Last edited by george,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Plugpayplay are quite alright. They’re pretty cheap and aren’t bad at all. Only thing is that they only offer TF2 servers in London-UK and random people had horrible lag issues on my server once in a while.
Renting a hiperz server right now, only down side I’ve noticed so far is the horrible control panel, it’s really really bad. And just how expensive they are (2 extra euros for STV? 4 euros for not having your server turn off every 30min when empty?). Ignoring the control panel and price, hiperz are absolutely perfect(in my opinion and experience)!

Last edited by cmd,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Z0R0

50 euros a month is cheap? :)

Nope, but it’s not about that. If you get it divided by 8 people, that’s like 6.25 each. Each person gets a 14slot server with STV and a bassically unlimited slot mumble server.

LaMqTa

fenneks

GameServers.org ( http://gameserver.org/ ) – pretty decent hoster. We pay €12.60/3mo…its a bit expensive but the support is really good, the pings are often good, full ftp control and its everytime updated.

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »