Forum

Best Server Provider?

Created 23rd February 2012 @ 10:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Trane

Asking for opinions really, currently using an INX 14 slot – but it’s been performing pretty poorly of late, and responses from the support team aren’t always very quick in coming – so I’m thinking of switching.

I’d welcome opinions on other providers, both positive and negative, cheers.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

CKRAS. Expensive? Yes. Best I’ve played on? Hell yes.

Trane

Cost isn’t a factor really, so long as it’s not unreasonably high.

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Trane

I’d welcome opinions on other providers, both positive and negative, cheers.

Arie is da bomb.

rtan

-9w-

CKRAS is probably the best.

I like hiperz as well, the customer support is really good there.

Linus

[d¿s]

hiperz is nice apart from how our server crashes if someone tries to join when its full (using connect string) :)

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Not a fan of hiperz servers personally, don’t think i’ve played on CKRAS servers.

If people know of their test server IPs can they post them? It’d be cool to check them beforehand, i get terrible routing and connections to some servers it seems.

FireStorm

-9m-

Inx I had a couple of servers in the past and I seem to remember some support problems with in the past, but its a similar story with all the GSP that are quite large, its hard to define a performance problem to them and unless the server is actually not working they often have little interest.

Using killercreation for a public server at the moment, they are not massively cheap and tbh they could be more helpful sometimes but other than that it seems to perform well under a heavy public load.

Multiplay servers have inherent problem with no real FTP access and server fps issues that seem to affect some servers and not others.

Hiperz I have always heard good things about but not from experience. One thing I can suggest is often people in the community are providing servers off there own dedi box for a small fee and its a easy go to if there are problems as they will understand tf2 match performance requirements a bit more.

Apart from the obvious ping difference and routing for all your players that will decide the best provider in terms of location and thus will help you decide on a provider, always check the server fps stays locked to 66.7(net_graph 4, sv_fps or stats command via rcon) while playing, there is no reason for it to move from this number. If it does its a bad server.

Most of it is hit and miss, depending on what box you get put on within certain GSP will have varying affects on the performance of the server, so really its just a case of good luck :D

FireStorm

george

heard that clanhost.nl is pretty good

Trane

Thanks for the responses, keep them coming.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

G-Portal – The end of your social life

demsii

EPA

Quoted from george

heard that clanhost.nl is pretty good

Usually is up to the point you cancel your server (you need to inform them a month before next payment or something like that) .. then in that last month is gets all kinds of issues .. at least that’s what happened with me twice ..

george

Quoted from demsii

Usually is up to the point you cancel your server (you need to inform them a month before next payment or something like that) .. then in that last month is gets all kinds of issues .. at least that’s what happened with me twice ..

i see thanks for the info!

Wux

-9m-
-9m-

Had a 540 hosting server for several years now, best UK host I’ve found. Routing is good for most people – some Russian teams used to get better pings to there than our Dutch servers – and support has always been excellent whenever I’ve needed them.

Spike Himself

TC

Get 8 people to put some money together and get a cheap dedi at ovh (.fr) or hetzner (.de). They cost ~50 euros a month and they can easily run 8 to 12 tf2 servers. Even more if you don’t mind a bit of lag or are a reseller (sup hiperz).

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »