Forum

Transparent Viewmodels/FOV Changer (Client Plugin)

Created 31st December 2011 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from vøid

why ?
because playing everytime with fov 150 is not very efficient. You cant aim and you puke after 3 min of playing.
yesterday i tested with a friend, playing fov90 all the time and with some binds i was switching between 90 = normal , 150 = wh mode , 20 = zoom mode.
fov plugin , why not? but at least cap the fov between , idk 60 and 120.

nevermind. have fun.

Make video, upload publically on youtube with a step by step guide on how to achieve it so that every mong is able to do it, send youtube link to valve. Profit?

atmo

Anakin’s gone rogue!

kim

idd.

Would it be possible to add custom crosshairs into the game so they can be used with cl_crosshair_file? That could be a nice addition I guess. Great job on this, any chance of getting the plugin signed so you don’t have to use -insecure?

AnAkkk

Quoted from kim

Would it be possible to add custom crosshairs into the game so they can be used with cl_crosshair_file? That could be a nice addition I guess. Great job on this, any chance of getting the plugin signed so you don’t have to use -insecure?

Maybe. I’d have to check this out.

There is very low chance to have the plugin signed, Valve doesn’t ever reply to emails about signing plugins. I know a few people that had plugins and emailed different Valve employees. No answer, or they just redirect it to one of them who doesn’t answer. The only plugin that got signed on all OB Engine games is prec.

EDIT:

cl_crosshair_file just checks for the crosshair name in materials/vgui/crosshairs/
Have you tried to add a new one here?

kim

idd.

Quoted from AnAkkk

cl_crosshair_file just checks for the crosshair name in materials/vgui/crosshairs/
Have you tried to add a new one here?

If I remember correctly the problem with it was that it was pure protected so you’d end up with the black & pink squares as crosshair on servers that use sv_pure. Not sure if it’s still like this though.

AnAkkk

Quoted from kim

[…]
If I remember correctly the problem with it was that it was pure protected so you’d end up with the black & pink squares as crosshair on servers that use sv_pure. Not sure if it’s still like this though.

It’s probably still the case, not sure if I want to start bypassing sv_pure though, even for crosshairs.

Update:
– Totally uncapped mat_picmip, you can now set it to 16 just like in Riva Tuner or Nvidia Profile Tool.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Some of the badlands bushes/hiding spots/sticky spots on picmip 2 and 16.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MInd2626/screenshots/

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

The transparent viewmodels don’t work for me, but fov_desired and mat_picmip do…

Any ideas what could be causing this?

also makes my fps drop loads.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

There we have it.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Permzilla

The transparent viewmodels don’t work for me, but fov_desired and mat_picmip do…

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Not really. Maybe you’ve got some video setting in your cfg that prevent transparency from working?

Try to rename your cfg folder and see if it works then. If not, contact me on IRC and we’ll find out what the problem is.

I hate this.

droso

o/

You shouldn’t use higher than picmip 6 because player models turn kind of grey with higher values.

Ghent

Team

Quoted from MIndYe

Some of the badlands bushes/hiding spots/sticky spots on picmip 2 and 16.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/MInd2626/screenshots/

bush antics have been ruined, game is now dead to me

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

I hate this.

Then don’t use it.

droso

o/

By the way, has anyone already created a script to toggle through fov_desired with one key and is willing to share?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 27 Next »