Forum

Transparent Viewmodels/FOV Changer (Client Plugin)

Created 31st December 2011 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 27 Next »

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
[dumb argument]if everyone can do it how can it be a unfair advantage[/dumb argument] :D

It’s not dumb you silly goose. Saying that everyone can hack is dumb as hacking is forbidden by the league’s rules, while using this plugin isn’t.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

btw you should add a “howto uninstall” in this thread cos this http://etf2l.org/forum/support/topic-19975/page-1/?recent=360434#post-360434 will happen a lot of times in the next days :D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Deux

[…]
Just a simple matter of making it so you only can change it before joining a server.

Yep, instead of just making life harder for competitive players by blocking stuff, valve could have upped the fov_desired limit to (for instance) 115 and disabled in-game fov_desired switching. Now we’re back to having to use aspect ratio again if we want to play with a competitive fov. (unless etf2l admins somehow decide that sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov should be “2”, which I haven’t seen any good argument for yet)

KLar

okie

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Yep, instead of just making life harder for competitive players by blocking stuff, valve could have upped the fov_desired limit to (for instance) 115 and disabled in-game fov_desired switching. Now we’re back to having to use aspect ratio again if we want to play with a competitive fov. (unless etf2l admins somehow decide that sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov should be “2”, which I haven’t seen any good argument for yet)

1+

quik

vs
Fe |

i think Dr-GimpfeN should go kill himself because he is only person who dont want fov higher 90
go play mw3 then with fov 65?

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from quik

i think Dr-GimpfeN should go kill himself because he is only person who dont want fov higher 90
go play mw3 then with fov 65?

Or Black Ops with fov 55.

On a serious note, fov_desired should be 75-130. No WH and it’s a high enough limit.

luzik

Suoli
moog

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]

On a serious note, fov_desired should be 75-130. No WH and it’s a high enough limit.

Black Ops has fov limit of 80.

Otherwise good stuff in this post.

tasKu

e-famous

Quoted from MIndYe

Keep on saying that, I bet valve wont do anything like that.

SmAsH

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

btw you should add a “howto uninstall” in this thread cos this http://etf2l.org/forum/support/topic-19975/page-1/?recent=360434#post-360434 will happen a lot of times in the next days :D

Uninstall is easy, go to your addons folder and delete the file you put in from this. then take -insecure and -console out of your launch setting.

Note – this broke my game due to the -insecure stuff. as the link in the quote states :/

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from SmAsH

[…]

Uninstall is easy, go to your addons folder and delete the file you put in from this. then take -insecure and -console out of your launch setting.

Note – this broke my game due to the -insecure stuff. as the link in the quote states :/

You may leave -console activated ;)

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

this thread is hilarious

keep on whining

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/everyonesgettingmad.jpg/

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

go play quake if you want fov >90 and picmip 10

why should i play another game just to have my preferances catered for. you can adjust your fov from 75 to 90, so by that logic 90 to 100 or 110 should have no impact. the fact that they allow 75 to 90 means they acknolegde the fact that variable fov provides no benifit/disbenifit- people end up have to use fucked up resolutions to get the fov they want any way. what sens does that make to lock fov to resolution- that means you are giving advantage to players with bigger- more expensive screens. why not have a level playing field?

alot of players cannot play at lower resolutions as they get motion sickness, why should these players not enjoy the game as well?

again with picmip, there are far more garifcal options that 1. give you more of an advantage (shadows, no grass, mat_monitorgamma i could go on) and 2. affect the overall look of the game more.

it just dosnt make logical sens to reduce peoples preferencale options when the abality to fullfill that is there.

EDIT: yes this makes me MAD!

SmAsH

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
You may leave -console activated ;)

well yh but i didnt see why its actually needed there anyways ?

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Quoted from SmAsH

[…]

wat.jpg

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from SmAsH

[…]

the console is useful for changing variables during a game and controlling a server so in general you should have it on :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 27 Next »