Created 21st December 2011 @ 00:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

tf2 is dead

awesome

atmo

It resets itself occasionally… maybe it’s something in my cfg

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Haha, I love it, fov 20 is teh same as a sniper rifle, been having fun with a sniper scope on my ambassador all evening.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

What are the downsides to using this plugin exactly? As in within game. Does it make it harder to aim etc..

I just don’t like the idea of a competitive environment where; If you don’t download this plugin and get used to it, you are definitely a lot less aware of your surroundings that another equally skilled player who has it. (Inb4 what about p-rec? That doesn’t affect gameplay or capabilities of a player; It just adds convenience)

I would just feel like there would be implications like,
– People setting up all sorts of binds to activate extreme zoomed in mode, for easy spotting and calling down huge-sight line

– Setting up a fov where they can see all entrances and exits cutting out flanking against the opponent

– Medics having insane fovs where they can see all and cut out all flanking/sneaky picks.

– People wanting to play or starting out on competitive now feel inclined to set up or use this plugin, just so they feel ‘comp’ ready/acceptable (We suggest altering the default fov at the moment via the console for good reason but it seems awkward to go about asking or suggesting people to download a plugin to what essentially is; “To make the game easier”

Yes I know this has been around for ages via aspect ratios but there were downsides to that like the need for multiple screens which brings in ones actual field of view of there eyesight in real life or having this letter box effect that squeezed into a smaller display window which gave somewhat of a downside.

If I’m ignorant to something regarding fov etc do correct me

tl;dr What are the downsides to using it. This isn’t going to change the way we play much right guys?

Last edited by TurboTabs,

quik

vs
Fe |

when you play 4:3 its really hard to see on 90

Last edited by quik,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from TurboTabs

tl;dr What are the downsides to using it. This isn’t going to change the way we play much right guys?

There is no downside.

About the wall of text, idk.
I suppose the plugin could be edited to only allow a change of fov when not connected to a server to avoid abuse (but people would just use the old version).

qckscpz

Practically no advantage aside from comfort in TF2. Even zoom scripts won’t be that great due to a lack of really long distances in maps and clear visuals. Game will play exactly the same with everyone using it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from TurboTabs

People setting up all sorts of binds to activate extreme zoomed in mode, for easy spotting and calling down huge-sight line

Ooh I hadn’t thought of that :D brb downloading this

longas

I hope Valve do something to avoid it asap.

Last edited by longas,

quik

vs
Fe |

Quoted from longas

I hope Valve do something to avoid it asap.

lol twat

lolage

TSPAG

every ninja scout on etf2l is bricking it

I guess it does suck for scouts though.. a bit.

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Casual

[…]
There is no downside.

About the wall of text, idk.
I suppose the plugin could be edited to only allow a change of fov when not connected to a server to avoid abuse (but people would just use the old version).

I wouldn’t like people to use it then to be honest. (But I don’t think my interests are going to stop people.)

Feel like it would cause such a huge hairline fracture in things like gamesense, gameplay mechanics, gameplay tactics… basically things I’ve covered in my previous post as well as other factors that have come to me..

I know you’ve probably worked hard to come up with a plugin to aid to a complaint many tf2 players have had since its launch. So I still admire your contribution and its clear the rest of the community does too.

But at the end of the day; there’s probably a limit for a reason. But like chris said earlier. There’s nothing stopping people from using it at the moment so I guess we have to see how valve react to it…

Last edited by TurboTabs,

IPZIE

SUAVE

fuck off

priorax

Is there potential to get VAC’d from this?

Last edited by priorax,

envy

By the way, is this guy with Eyefinity still around? Would really like to see wildest FoV ever.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »