Forum

TF2 MidAir mod (new life ?)

Created 14th December 2011 @ 23:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Biohazard

IDK

I will create an midair server tonight on behalf of clan IDK, but I seriously doubt it will pick up any fast. If it will be populated often Ill leave it, otherwise ill drop it (assuming the mod still works with all of the dependencies – it didnt get an update for like 1,5 years). I said Ill drop it because we have already a 20 slot mge server that was set to vanilla/ 20 slots/ no stats and it seems to be empty all the time (probably because there are plenty other servers). Might put the stats there after all (with the webui etc)

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Biohazard

I will create an midair server tonight on behalf of clan IDK, but I seriously doubt it will pick up any fast. If it will be populated often Ill leave it, otherwise ill drop it (assuming the mod still works with all of the dependencies – it didnt get an update for like 1,5 years). I said Ill drop it because we have already a 20 slot mge server that was set to vanilla/ 20 slots/ no stats and it seems to be empty all the time (probably because there are plenty other servers). Might put the stats there after all (with the webui etc)

Quoted from slate

The functionality is in the MGE-Mod, you just have to change the map to one that has arenas set to midair=1 like duels_midair_v2.

http://code.google.com/p/soap-tf2dm/source/browse/branches/mgemod/configs/mgemod_spawns.cfg

If your MGE server is empty anyways just change map to duels_midair_v2 and “tada” you have a Midair Mod server.

I got a midair server though I never really advertised it on a big scale. It has a couple ‘regulars’ on it at times, sometimes some new people, and I think it managed to get full once or twice. And that’s just the times I checked so dunno.

I’d really like if the mod would be remodded and updated and what not :D

also ip:
80.83.123.165:28000

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

are my posts not visible?

It doesn’t need to be remodded, MGE-Mod can do it.

Yes your posts are invisible, the quites too.

I just don’t want MGE on my server even if I can always have it on ‘midair’ mode. Is it really bad if we get a separate mod that focuses on only midair without unecessary things.

Also chances of the mod being remade just because of my opinion are slim anyways so why do you care?

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I do not care at all, it’s just irritating that every second poster is asking for a remake of the mod, when MGE Mod can do it as well and even better than the old one.

A “new” midair mod would be a Sourcemod plugin relying on SDKHooks just like MGE. So i don’t understand what the difference would be, let alone the benefit.

redou

PyRo|GEN

As far as I know, a lof of my soldiers friends, told me this mod was perfect to train as a soldier, with the mge mod.

I tried it, and it’s awsome. Seriously, I don’t know why everyone create a Mge server. Because if you call people, talk it to friends, i’m sure it’ll become popular. And, I miss myself to not play this mod, my friends too.

Asteryz

Br0
Chive

Slate, you have no idea how consultancy works.

When A customer wants you to make something, you don’t tell them how easy this can be done with (insert piece of software). You promise them something like this:
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/10/23/audi-calamaro-concept-flying-car-img1_eh6xn_5965.jpg A Car that isn’t bothered by traffic congestion, Does not require fuel, Emission free, is faster then any form of transport we know, Not bothered by gravity and other such non-sense. When the customer is worried about physics bullshit, tell them everything will be alright. Because obviously the customer has no idea what he is talking about and you have done many such projects. When customer is worried about costs piling up as delays occur offer them a fixed fee and a penalty for each day you get behind schedule. On the way out you make your customer sign a contract that says that whenever you get your hands on a cup of tea, or something as ridiculous, the customer will have to pay for the delays caused by this event.

Oh, and yes. This is madness, but it is closer to truth then you can imagine.

Gobi

WSB?

It’s the only reason why I still have tf2 installed on my computer :)

Otenali

dSp\'

Quoted from Gobi

It’s the only reason why I still have tf2 installed on my computer :)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from redou

As far as I know, a lof of my soldiers friends, told me this mod was perfect to train as a soldier, with the mge mod.

You joking? This isn’t airshot fortress 2.

Otenali

dSp\'

Where can u read mge/midair make you the best sol on the univers ? These mods are just training your aim and reflex, not ur brain on real game.

Lakoa

SURGE

Quoted from Otenali

Where can u read mge/midair make you the best sol on the univers ? These mods are just training your aim and reflex, not ur brain on real game.

……. who the fuck said “mge makes you more brained” ?

quik

vs
Fe |

what about ammomod? (am_variety_b2)

Keyro

Cheater

We have opened a midair server, let’s try it : http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-20251/?recent=365859

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2