Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Naaaaice !!! :)

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Looking to become the most functional and clear hud out there. This might replace m0re’s as my favourite hud. Only necessary information, no fluff, small scoreboard centered in the bottom, clear font. So I understand that this hud will only work properly for the resolutions it’s made for? I hope it will be easy to make it work for 1920*880 :P

Rockas

IDM.

Seems nice and clear. Make it work for 1024*768 and I’ll definitely use it :)

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from skeej

Looking to become the most functional and clear hud out there. This might replace m0re’s as my favourite hud. Only necessary information, no fluff, small scoreboard centered in the bottom, clear font. So I understand that this hud will only work properly for the resolutions it’s made for? I hope it will be easy to make it work for 1920*880 :P

Check out the previous page for an answer to that question, the only reason I say it’s supported for certain resolutions is the scoreboards, who seem to have a life of their own. A lot of the time you can get away acceptably with using a scoreboard made for a simular resolution, but it’s not a big deal to adjust it either. It’s certainly doable.

Quoted from Rockas

Seems nice and clear. Make it work for 1024*768 and I’ll definitely use it :)

It allways has and allways will.

Leif

Ok, tried the HUD, really good.
There are only 2 small changes i’d make: changing spy disguise information to somewhere more visible (may be just above/on the left to the health? ) and increaing a bit the height of the status bar at the bottom when tabbing

lgl

makes my game crash xD

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from lgl

makes my game crash xD

Yea, it does that when you don’t follow the setup instructions. Every single one with this problem so far had overlooked the fact that you need an additional font to use this HUD, odds are you did too.

It says so in this thread, on the homepage and in the pdf. I’ll see if I can find some other place to put this info where it can’t be missed.

deli

IKEA

I have played with this hud a lot yesterday with (beta) and imho is hard too see when u are low or buffed so i suggest make a pulse on it or just put it a little bit higher

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from deli

I have played with this hud a lot yesterday with (beta) and imho is hard too see when u are low or buffed so i suggest make a pulse on it or just put it a little bit higher

+1

Leif

Quoted from deli

Yeah, also that. As a medic it’s a problem xD

Moreover, another thing I noticed just now, is that the spawn time imo should be placed top as it is in most HUD instead of being in middle-bottom as it is now. Many times I couldn’t see it.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I’ve made 4 new scoreboards for resolutions of height 1080, 1024, 900 and 720. V2 now comes with scoreboards for all 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions in the options menu.

Supported resolution heights: 480, 600, 720, 768, 800, 900, 960, 1024, 1050, 1080, 1200.

1920×880 with 800 scoreboard appears to work fine too :P http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/560938564912248271/C0B72922D85BA4A968787493DF63EE750A7776CD/
Ohai Skeej!

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Hopefully this will keep people from overooking the fact that this HUD won’t function without the AG font. http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4509/nomorecrashes.png

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from ell

Hopefully this will keep people from overooking that this HUD won’t function without the AG font. http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4509/nomorecrashes.png

Why won’t you jsut include it with the hud? Seems pointless to make people get it themselves.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
Why won’t you jsut include it with the hud? Seems pointless to make people get it themselves.

It’s proprietary, don’t wanna risk it.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Leif

Ok, tried the HUD, really good.
There are only 2 small changes i’d make: changing spy disguise information to somewhere more visible (may be just above/on the left to the health? ) and increaing a bit the height of the status bar at the bottom when tabbing

Health differs from most other entities in that it is one of the few things that you don’t have complete control over. If you fire a shot you don’t need to be notified about it, that is not the case with health. Therefore I want as litte clutter on the left side as possible, the spy disguise stays on the right side.

The scoreboard bottom bar follows the design pattern of 12 units surrounding small text vertically. It’s a question of symetry, I won’t change that.

Quoted from deli

You want to be notified when the health changes, if it blinks it will be harder to tell if the animation is due to the blinking or an actual change. Low health position is a big part what makes this HUD what it is, I’d rather make them bigger, but I like them the way they are.

Quoted from Leif

Moreover, another thing I noticed just now, is that the spawn time imo should be placed top as it is in most HUD instead of being in middle-bottom as it is now. Many times I couldn’t see it.

It’s not really critical information, you look at it maybe once right after you die and then once more before you spawn. I like to keep things out of the way, so it stays where it is.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 14 Next »