would still love an update for this

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Version 4.6

Last edited by ell,

izaak²²

Does this work in 800×600?

***DISCLAIMER***
This HUD currently only supports 1920×1080, since the scoreboard and crosshair will be misaligned for other resolutions. With that being said, it will probably perform acceptably without the crosshair on most resolutions. I hope to do something about this when I get more time on my hands.

that being said, it worked fine for me in the past (800×600) – haven’t tried this version yet but I’ll give it a shot now

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBKevB9W1c8

scoreboard has some issues and some elements seem to be missing (parachute indicator for example) – not sure if they’re missing from the hud or broken on 4:3. I’ll look at fixing the scoreboard for you if you want but I won’t be using it personally cause I’m a highlander babby and I’m too lazy to make highlander related edits – one of my favourite huds though :)

Last edited by lawn,

Rebelo5

How can i change the crosshair ? sorry.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Rebelo5

How can i change the crosshair ? sorry.

The hud currently only comes with the dot crosshair, you can change the size, color and enable or disable the outline. The crosshair entity is located at the top of ellshud1080ch/scripts/hudlayout.res:

“Crosshair”
{
“controlName” “CExLabel”
“fieldName” “Crosshair”
“zpos” “1”
“labelText” “2” //Size multiplier
“font” “EllCrosshair15Outlined” //Size
“fGColor” “EllGreen” //Color
“xpos” “0”
“ypos” “0”
“wide” “f0”
“tall” “481” //Vertical position adjustment
“textAlignment” “center”
“visible” “1”
“enabled” “1”
}

The size field can take values EllCrosshair1Outlined-EllCrosshair48Outlined or EllCrosshair1-EllCrosshair48 for outline or no outline respectively.

The color field take 4 numbers between 0 and 255 representing red, green, blue and opacity or a predefined color. The predefined colors used in this HUD are:

“EllBlack” “0 0 0 255”
“EllBlue” “0 0 255 255”
“EllCyan” “0 255 255 255”
“EllGreen” “0 255 0 255”
“EllPink” “255 0 127 255”
“EllTransparentBlack” “0 0 0 170”
“EllVanilla” “255 255 191 255”
“EllWhite” “255 255 255 255”
“EllYellow” “255 255 0 255”

The size multiplier field takes a value between 0 and 8. The size of the dot will be cut in half for every increment of this field. Since sizes have to be integers, this is useful if you need a size inbetween two sizes. For example, EllCrosshair3 with size multiplier 1 corresponds to EllCrosshair1.5 with size multiplier 0.

The crosshair is centered in a rectangle with corner coordinates (0,0) (f0,481), where f0 and 480 is the width and height of the screen respectively. Outlines shift crosshairs slightly upwards and the rectangle height has been increased to compensate for that. The required height differs with resolution, normally the vertical position field should have a value between 480-482.

Type hud_reloadscheme into the console to apply the changes you’ve made and use a program like MSPaint to check that the crosshair is centered and symmetrical.

To check symmetry and alignment in MSPaint:

1. Take a screenshot in game and paste it into MSPaint.
2. Go to Preferences -> Properties and cut the height and width in half.
3. Press CTRL + A to select everything.
4. Right click and choose “Invert color”.
5. Press CTRL + C to copy the selection.
6. Press CTRL + Z to undo all the changes you made so far.
7. Press CTRL + V to paste the copied selection onto the original image.

You should now have something that looks like this. Equip the magnifying glass from the home tab and zoom onto the center of the image. From here you should be able to control symmetry and alignment. If you want, you can go to the view tab in the top left corner and tick the grid box to separate the pixels.

Dots with even number radii will look good whereas dots with odd number radii will look either like squares or diamonds. Aim for one of these shapes.

I also have the old Ell’s HUD crosshair that works in the same way. I could upload it if you like. Add me if you run into trouble and I’ll try to help.

Last edited by ell,

konr

I might give this a go for a while for fun.

Rebelo5

Quoted from ell

[…]
The hud currently only comes with the dot crosshair, you can change the size, color and enable or disable the outline. The crosshair entity is located at the top of ellshud1080ch/scripts/hudlayout.res:

“Crosshair”
{
“controlName” “CExLabel”
“fieldName” “Crosshair”
“zpos” “1”
“labelText” “2” //Size multiplier
“font” “EllCrosshair15Outlined” //Size
“fGColor” “EllGreen” //Color
“xpos” “0”
“ypos” “0”
“wide” “f0”
“tall” “481” //Vertical position adjustment
“textAlignment” “center”
“visible” “1”
“enabled” “1”
}

The size field can take values EllCrosshair1Outlined-EllCrosshair48Outlined or EllCrosshair1-EllCrosshair48 for outline or no outline respectively.

The color field take 4 numbers between 0 and 255 representing red, green, blue and opacity or a predefined color. The predefined colors used in this HUD are:

“EllBlack” “0 0 0 255”
“EllBlue” “0 0 255 255”
“EllCyan” “0 255 255 255”
“EllGreen” “0 255 0 255”
“EllPink” “255 0 127 255”
“EllTransparentBlack” “0 0 0 170”
“EllVanilla” “255 255 191 255”
“EllWhite” “255 255 255 255”
“EllYellow” “255 255 0 255”

The size multiplier field takes a value between 0 and 8. The size of the dot will be cut in half for every increment of this field. Since sizes have to be integers, this is useful if you need a size inbetween two sizes. For example, EllCrosshair3 with size multiplier 1 corresponds to EllCrosshair1.5 with size multiplier 0.

The crosshair is centered in a rectangle with corner coordinates (0,0) (f0,481), where f0 and 480 is the width and height of the screen respectively. Outlines shift crosshairs slightly upwards and the rectangle height has been increased to compensate for that. The required height differs with resolution, normally the vertical position field should have a value between 480-482.

Type hud_reloadscheme into the console to apply the changes you’ve made and use a program like MSPaint to check that the crosshair is centered and symmetrical.

To check symmetry and alignment in MSPaint:

1. Take a screenshot in game and paste it into MSPaint.
2. Go to Preferences -> Properties and cut the height and width in half.
3. Press CTRL + A to select everything.
4. Right click and choose “Invert color”.
5. Press CTRL + C to copy the selection.
6. Press CTRL + Z to undo all the changes you made so far.
7. Press CTRL + V to paste the copied selection onto the original image.

You should now have something that looks like this. Equip the magnifying glass from the home tab and zoom onto the center of the image. From here you should be able to control symmetry and alignment. If you want, you can go to the view tab in the top left corner and tick the grid box to separate the pixels.

Dots with even number radii will look good whereas dots with odd number radii will look either like squares or diamonds. Aim for one of these shapes.

I also have the old Ell’s HUD crosshair that works in the same way. I could upload it if you like. Add me if you run into trouble and I’ll try to help.

Thanks, quite helpful.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Halloween update: Add tf_hud_target_id_disable_floating_health “1” to your config to disable floating health. The health might reset to floating mode regardless of if this cvar is set or not and either way the health position is a bit off. Issuing the command again in game is a workaround for now. I’ll deal with this when I can.

Last edited by ell,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Version 4.7

Ihor

pA
dneprodno

Quoted from ell

Version 4.7

<3

melody

Lutunen