Forum

Low LOD / Picmip for TF2 (Nvidia + ATI/AMD)

Created 26th July 2011 @ 10:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 23 Next »

Panda

I don’t really understand to this so I will just ask If u can change these graphics when u have just a integrated graphic card? I have a shitty laptop so…

maxxx.lfc

⇗upp⇙

Quoted from Panda

If u can change these graphics when u have just a integrated graphic card?

just try to launch nvidia inspector / riva tuner. if you cant launch it – you cant change graphic :D

Spooky

Uh, whenever I download nvidia and open it, nothing is in the boxes. I’m probably just stupid. But uh, anyway to fix this? I’m using a laptop if that’s the problem.

STOGE

TDP

Are you sure you actually have anything related to Nvidia in the laptop?

Sorry if that’s condescending but most laptops just have built in graphics cards which makes sense as to why it would just be blank/not work.

morale

ez

Hey, I can get a LOD BIAS of 15.0000, but when i save the changes, it doesn’t work in game, the graphics just look like normal chris’ fps graphics halp?

NeuTronas

Quoted from morale

Hey, I can get a LOD BIAS of 15.0000, but when i save the changes, it doesn’t work in game, the graphics just look like normal chris’ fps graphics halp?

On most laptops +3.000 is the max value for LOD BIAS.
Also don’t forget to change “Antialiasing – Transparency Supersampling” to “AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL”

Last edited by NeuTronas,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from NeuTronas

[…]
On most laptops +3.000 is the max value for LOD BIAS.
Also don’t forget to change “Antialiasing – Transparency Supersampling” to “AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL”

That has nothing to do with laptops, it’s the fact that the updated version of inspector has removed the old function of lod bias, but keep in mind changing the supersampling will usually cause slight input lag

STOGE

TDP

I put the exact same info on the page before, cmon guys actually look through the thread before posting unnecessary questions.

potte

God

Phnx

since I didn’t see a fix for it anywhere.
every time I enter some changes into it and press apply it just reverts to the default settings for some reason, used the link forsak3n posted, used the link stoge posted.
nothing helps.
the settings just don’t save.

virgo

Quoted from Phnx

since I didn’t see a fix for it anywhere.
every time I enter some changes into it and press apply it just reverts to the default settings for some reason, used the link forsak3n posted, used the link stoge posted.
nothing helps.
the settings just don’t save.

Try updating Nvidia drivers
Worked for me :<

Phnx

Quoted from virgo

[…]

Try updating Nvidia drivers
Worked for me :<

wow thanks, worked.

Just a quick heads up, skimming through the thread it shows the ATI methods are outdated. Please don’t install anything for it since it’s done in the registry.

The way LOD gets adjusted on ATI cards is with the following bit (from TFTV forums)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Video ( your driver video id) 000 UMD
create LodAdj string set to 15 instant lod change no reboot, only close/open your game

Before:
http://i.imgur.com/7Ui2kr1.jpg

After:
http://i.imgur.com/dIH5qNG.jpg

Remember to recreate the String value after an ATI update.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Turboapina

(ETF2L Donator)
sirkkels
BauS

Anyone got this working on Windows 10? It doesn’t seem to change anything ingame when I apply the changes, even though it shows the value as what I set it to.

Was working perfectly on W7.

Bejcn

:elephant:

edit: done did it

Last edited by Bejcn,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21 22 23 Next »