Forum

Low LOD / Picmip for TF2 (Nvidia + ATI/AMD)

Created 26th July 2011 @ 10:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 Next »

Phnx

scroll back a few pages for optional solutions.

STOGE

TDP

For anyone that can’t get it to work (and has been using Nvidia Inspector); Your problem is most likely that you have an updated version of it, afaik you can only do it with a specific version.

I used this and it worked fine.

As well as setting “Texture Filtering – LOD Bias” to 10/15, remember to also set “Antialiasing – Transparency Supersampling” to “AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL”.

I couldn’t get it to work without changing the Antialiasing setting.

Last edited by STOGE,

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from senko

nvideainspector doesn’t work for me.

any fixs ?

For anyone that can’t get it to work (and has been using Nvidia Inspector); Your problem is most likely that you have an updated version of it, afaik you can only do it with a specific version.

As well as setting “Texture Filtering – LOD Bias” to 10/15, remember to also set “Antialiasing – Transparency Supersampling” to “AA_MODE_REPLAY_MODE_ALL”.

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from adysky

doesnt work for me either, help

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

oh baby

a triple

senko

PINT BLACK

Quoted from zen1th

oh baby

a triple

http://www.doritos.co.uk/

senko

PINT BLACK

Quoted from STOGE

[…]

Much appreciated, works fine now.

R4ndom

Devon

Love you!

stephen

If you want your game to look even worse like mine used too, you can use this too, a little something I found, idk if it’s lod though :3 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyngP8Cwt4

Nvidia only

Last edited by stephen,

Pum

Hello, i applied these settings to my TF2 and it looks as it should. But there is a lightning issue that is really bothering me. I’m currently using maxframes alongside the tweak here explained.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 820M

Need any more information?

The lightning issue is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZpixjCHGI

Last edited by Pum,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from Pum

Hello, i applied these settings to my TF2 and it looks as it should. But there is a lightning issue that is really bothering me. I’m currently using maxframes alongside the tweak here explained.

My graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 820M

Need any more information?

The lightning issue is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBZpixjCHGI

some nvidia drivers do that in combination with dx8, try different driver-versions.

Last edited by slate,

Pum

Quoted from slate

some nvidia drivers do that in combination with dx8, try different driver-versions.

What could be the version for it?

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Version 306.97 was the last Version before that started happening, but I think newer ones fixed it at some point too, I’m not sure about version though.

Pum

Quoted from slate

Version 306.97 was the last Version before that started happening, but I think newer ones fixed it at some point too, I’m not sure about version though.

Thanks i’ll take a look.

Another thing i noticed, after playing a few maps the lightning issue stopped. But if i restart the game it comes back until i play some different maps.

Pum

At the end i found using dx level 90 instead of 81 to have a better pay-off, while fixing the lightning issue plus the FPS are pretty much the same.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 23 Next »