Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 97 98 99 ... 116 Next »

tweek

SnB

Now it works, big thanks wrock.

lolage

TSPAG

Might sound a bit weird, but I’ve never really had a problem with FPS but despite that my game always seem to run a bit sloppy. I’d get the FPS but something just wouldnt feel right.

I tried the highquality config and my game feels like it should! Pretty weird that the quality config makes my game smoother than the fps configs.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from lolage

Might sound a bit weird, but I’ve never really had a problem with FPS but despite that my game always seem to run a bit sloppy. I’d get the FPS but something just wouldnt feel right.

I tried the highquality config and my game feels like it should! Pretty weird that the quality config makes my game smoother than the fps configs.

it does make sort of sense, as with the fps configs they make it more focus on the CPU rather than the GPU like 5 months ago i played with maxquality and got better FPS than with maxframes :)

redou

PyRo|GEN

Sup, I have a question about this.

I’m playing with the maxframes, and i’d like to have only the facial features enabled. So, I just deleted “Disable facial features” part, and tried it. Worked, but there’s only the eyes… I mean, the mouth of the character doesn’t move if he takes damage or if he’s speaking, and I want to see that.

Any way to do it? ty :)

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from redou

Sup, I have a question about this.

I’m playing with the maxframes, and i’d like to have only the facial features enabled. So, I just deleted “Disable facial features” part, and tried it. Worked, but there’s only the eyes… I mean, the mouth of the character doesn’t move if he takes damage or if he’s speaking, and I want to see that.

Any way to do it? ty :)

pretty sure you’re doing it wrong.

redou

PyRo|GEN

Quoted from Ghostface

[…]

pretty sure you’re doing it wrong.

How can I do it wrong? I’m just deleting/letting some commands, It works with the gibs/ragdolls/sprays. The only thing I don’t get is why when I only see the eyes, and they’r not moving at all… D:

atmo

Did you uncomment all the lines?

// Enable facial features -- uncomment this section if you want these settings
r_eyes 1
r_flex 1
r_lod 1 // Needs to be set to 1, otherwise they will still be disabled.
r_rootlod 1
r_teeth 1

Last edited by atmo,

redou

PyRo|GEN

Fixed. Got help from Freshmeat.

You just need to add :

mp_usehwmvcds 1
mp_usehwmmodels 1

cube

hey guys !

i use the bad internet connection net settings

why do i have a lerp of 50 ms ?

it works with the good internet connection net settings =(

Saki

Just a quick check up from the sound settings that this config does.

Do the sound commands work regardless of whether I use “headphones” or “2 speakers” in the sound settings?

And do most competitive players use headphones or speakers mode in the tf2 options while wearing headphones to hear locations of explosions in game?

If I had a pair of steel series 5H would setting it to the “7.1 surround” my idea of explosion location better then using this configs sound settings on “headphones” in the in fame tf2 settings?

Thank you for your time

MARIANO

I found this on http://www.tweakguides.com

-threads (launch options)

“According to Mike Durand of Valve, the Source engine defaults to taking advantage of no more than three threads due to various issues. However a user can manually override this limitation by specifying -threads 4 (for quad core) on the command line. For anyone using an eight-core CPU, -threads 8 is also possible. Obviously if this causes any problems, remove this command”

——————————————————–

I do not know if it really works with orange box source, but I’m testing it now.

Last edited by MARIANO,

Saki

Quoted from MARIANO

I found this on http://www.tweakguides.com

-threads (launch options)
I do not know if it really works with orange box source, but I’m testing it now.

Quoted from octochris

-threads – Don’t screw with it. It probably won’t do anything for you, and if it does, you’ll probably only cause issues for yourself.

Chris has tested it and found no performance gains several times, best to leave it mate I couldn’t pull anything out of it either.

mono

OK Guys I have a question:

// This FPS cap should *always* be set to a value higher than `cl_cmdrate’ in
// any case, or the discrepancy between clientside frame generation and frames
// to be sent to the server will no doubt cause you many a headache, especially
// when it comes down to hit registration. Other than that, I recommend
// for everyone to use the value `132′ (2*66), as long as you can generally
// keep that value stable without regular drops.

I can’t maintain 132 stable FPS, usually it is around 100, I don’t want to change to maxframes since it’s too square-like for my taste – what should I do lower the cap or leave it as it is?

wrock

vier

Quoted from cube

hey guys !

i use the bad internet connection net settings

why do i have a lerp of 50 ms ?

it works with the good internet connection net settings =(

why do you use the bad settings? NORMAL PING > 100?

change cl_interp to your fav. value…

Saki

Quoted from mono

I can’t maintain 132 stable FPS, usually it is around 100, I don’t want to change to maxframes since it’s too square-like for my taste – what should I do lower the cap or leave it as it is?

Don’t cap it at all. It causes jitter on some machines anyway so leave fps_max at 0.

Quoted from wrock

[…]

-nod3d9ex

that´s what you need

This causes negative effects on performance. Removing the mat_antialias line fixes the mumble overlay without causing the performance loss

Last edited by Saki,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 97 98 99 ... 116 Next »