#wubafan

/me pokes Chris…

Update ;)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Enef

/me pokes Chris…

Update ;)

what is there to update? there isn’t anything as far as i am aware.

gyanny

intelligence glow cvar maybe?

GooDKaT.CAT

[LBC]

Hi there,

About the config (dx9frames), I may have some questions:

1/ I would like to have model details in low, not medium. I read somewhere, it links to facial features, but not sure. So how can I have model detail low, and still having facial features ? Is it possible ?
For example, I removed blink duration. But for the others cvars, I don’t know theirs functions.

2/ Well, same problem with texture details. I would like to have low instead of medium. And looking at cvars, I don’t know which ones to change.

3/ If I have a Nvidia card, I can change the values, for the cvar which comment talks about ATI cards ?

Thanks

AnimaL

1. remove section:
// Disable facial features -- DELETE THIS SECTION IF YOU WANT FACIAL FEATURES ENABLED
Impossible to enable facial movement on low details. You can have eyes and teeth, but no movement and low model details with r_lod 2 and r_rootlod 2

2. mat_picmip 2 (or 1 if 2 is too low)

3. no point

Spira

Quoted from AnimaL

1. remove section:
// Disable facial features -- DELETE THIS SECTION IF YOU WANT FACIAL FEATURES ENABLED
Impossible to enable facial movement on low details. You can have eyes and teeth, but no movement and low model details with r_lod 2 and r_rootlod 2

3. no point

I think Chris meant eyes etc..

GooDKaT.CAT

[LBC]

Quoted from AnimaL

1. remove section:

3. no point

Ok so low model details are not linked to cvar flex_smooth, so ?

Is cvar flex_rules link with facial movements too ?

Thx for helping me out!

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from GooDKaT.CAT

[…]

Ok so low model details are not linked to cvar flex_smooth, so ?

Is cvar flex_rules link with facial movements too ?

Thx for helping me out!

r_flex/flex_smooth/flex_rules are related to expressive movement (eg when speaking).

GooDKaT.CAT

[LBC]

Quoted from octochris

[…]

r_flex/flex_smooth/flex_rules are related to expressive movement (eg when speaking).

Ok, thanks for the explanation. Nevermind, I disable facial features, allowing only eyes and teeth (it’s tf2 ffs, not a zombie game ^^).

Great work on the config, Chris. Thanks!

DAN4

Quoted from octochris

A lot of you know about these already, but I recently added support for fullscreen (old versions had some problems with fullscreen) and fixed a few issues that people had so I figured I’d make a thread.

The configs are available at http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/ — they go from the best looking to the worst looking (dx9frames is best looking, maxframes is worst looking, highframes is in the middle).

Screenshots are available here:

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/sshots.htm

Remember to read the top of the configs, they include some important information.

There are sections you can delete if you want facial features/ragdolls enabled — these are all very clearly labelled as you go down the config, when you delete the section the config will automatically change to the alternate setting.

I’m aware that these are relatively well known by now, but I thought it would be nice to have somewhere centralised for feedback.

—-

FAQ:

Q. My FPS jumps about a lot.
A. Try using the fullscreen launch options instead of the windowed ones. If that doesn’t help try removing everything except for the binds from config.cfg and restarting. Alternatively, STOP USING SHITTY WINDOWS 7.

Q. I’m getting a white shine on characters.
A. Launch options. Use them.

Q. I’m getting a lot of fog.
A. Launch options. Use them.

Q. I don’t like the FPS meter, how do I remove it?
A. Change cl_showfps to 0 in the autoexec.

Q. How much better is this than other FPS configs?
A. See for yourself. http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-10435/page-7/?recent=185201#post-185153

Q. It’s too bright/dark, how do I make it darker/brighter?
A. Change mat_monitorgamma in the config to something different, try 2.2 if it is too bright, and 1.8 if it is too dark.

Q. How do I get back shiny ubers with maxframes?
A. Change mat_specular to 1.

octochris

(0v0)

your quoting abilities are unrivalled

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from octochris

your quoting abilities are unrivalled

JackieBoy

LTG.

Awesome, these configs works nice with CS:S

THX CHRIS <3

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from JackieBoy

Awesome, these configs works nice with CS:S

THX CHRIS <3

apparently you can see through smoke with them in css :D

JackieBoy

LTG.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

apparently you can see through smoke with them in css :D

Nope if you have r_staticprop_lod “3”, zBlock kicks you out if you have it on 4 :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 80 81 82 ... 116 Next »