Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 61 62 63 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Warmetal

Hi there I’ve been trying to get my TF2 run smoothly and failed. Using your maxfps configs and broesel HUD and my fps is about 25-120 depending on map. When I am at mumble it’s a lot worse and the game stutters a lot. So middle fights are quite unplayable for me when I’m on mumble and every moment when there’s more than just 2 ppl on my screen.
Here’s stats:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00 GHz
3GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Soundcard some realtek’s integrated piece of shit
Windows XP SP3

I also use Game Booster which doesn’t seem to help at all.
So just wondering, is there anything I can do or is my PC just a piece of crap and can’t help it?

res?

also, have you tried what i posted above?

Warmetal

Suse

Quoted from octochris

[…]

res?

also, have you tried what i posted above?

Native res 1280 x 1240. My screen is very old 4:3 :P Used to play with 800 x 600 when I still had vista but it looks way too horrible tbh.. But no I don’t think I’ve tried since I was way too lazy to read 61 pages. :D But okay will read now and try something out..

octochris

(0v0)

Your CPU is more than likely the bottleneck. I would, however, expect better FPS than that.

Let me know how it goes after trying out the batch.

octochris

(0v0)

A note to people wanting to use the antistutter script btw, I’ve said these in various posts above but in case you missed them, do not use this script if any of the following apply to you:

– Your steam directory is NOT c:\Program Files\Steam
– Your demos/killstreaks are NOT in the \tf\ base dir (they won’t be backed up if they aren’t)

I will update the script to cope with the former soon. The latter will likely not be done due to the complexity of it.

Infested

Quoted from octochris

A note to people wanting to use the antistutter script btw, I’ve said these in various posts above but in case you missed them, do not use this script if any of the following apply to you:

– Your steam directory is NOT c:\Program Files\Steam
– Your demos/killstreaks are NOT in the \tf\ base dir (they won’t be backed up if they aren’t)

I will update the script to cope with the former soon. The latter will likely not be done due to the complexity of it.

i have both problems, but it seems my stuttering is fixed, and i lower the resolutions, and i don’t have mouselag, so i’m cool, thanks chris

octochris

(0v0)

Right, I’m getting sick and tired of stuff not working in Windows (compton’s solution causes masses of whitespace, and findstr doesn’t like my regex, grr) so if anyone has Steam installed somewhere that isn’t C:\Program Files\Steam\, do a find and replace like so:

Find: C:\Program Files\Steam
Replace: [your path to steam]

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

You could get the SteamPath from the Registry with something like this:

http://pastebin.com/b74srMjp

-slate

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

Right, I’m getting sick and tired of stuff not working in Windows (compton’s solution causes masses of whitespace, and findstr doesn’t like my regex, grr)

Compile .exe instead of fiddling with batch files and their huge lack of functionality?
(or have adam write it in php :P)

Niekas

Hi. I have a question. If the minimum cl_interp is 0.0152, why did you set it to 0.016?

grimbar

Quoted from Niekas

Hi. I have a question. If the minimum cl_interp is 0.0152, why did you set it to 0.016?

minimum interp is 0.015 repeating but nvm

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from slate

-slate

hmm i’ve tried at home and the reg-key is a different location for x64 systems so here is an update.

http://pastebin.com/KWXYLD4n

-slate

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

-slate

was already aware, see

Quoted from octochris

why does REG QUERY emit so much garbage, this would give me the perfect way to find where Steam is

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam /v InstallPath

but so much garbage, wtf

this is the sort of reason why windows is so useless if you are serious about computers

can’t even clear it up with an egrep by

REG QUERY HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREValveSteam /v InstallPath | FINDSTR /i /m InstallPath

edit #2:

fuck, i’m just going to bundle some GNU coreutils with it, at least they fucking WORK, microsoft idiots

but thanks a lot, that looks like it might work better. i will still check about ws.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

oh guess i didn’t read the previous post properly, but thing in my last post gives you the correct Path in %STEAM_PATH% in the end for 32bit and 64bit systems.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from slate

oh guess i didn’t read the previous post properly, but thing in my last post gives you the correct Path in %STEAM_PATH% in the end for 32bit and 64bit systems.

yeah, and it doesn’t seem to produce whitespace, but will %%B work for all possible paths?

toasty.

PHX

I know this has been answered some where but 62 pages is huge. I want to bind each of your network settings to keys so I can change them in game?

Please help. Also, would I need to rejoin the server for the changes to take place? Thanks.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 61 62 63 ... 116 Next »