octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from kuma

thanks!

no problem :)

Lj

pH.

Quoted from Phrozen

I had all the launch options set right and everything in order, what I did was I replaced autoexec.cfg with m0re’s autoexec.cfg and kept the same launch options. Nothing else, one of the differences might be that m0re’s doesn’t have an fps max.

You could just remove the fps cap

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Lj

[…]
You could just remove the fps cap

it won’t cause variance like that.

Phrozen

?

Point is m0re’s cfg is different to maxframes, just taking fps cap wouldn’t do that. Maybe you could look into m0re’s cfg and steal all his good ideas chris? ;D

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Phrozen

Point is m0re’s cfg is different to maxframes, just taking fps cap wouldn’t do that. Maybe you could look into m0re’s cfg and steal all his good ideas chris? ;D

there are no good ideas to be had. m0re’s config was designed at a time when information on cvars was limited, and it shows in his configs, there are a lot of things set wrongly. i diffed m0rehighfps and maxframes an hour or so again and none of the differences would cause the difference in fps you describe. i am convinced you are doing something wrong, or your setup is borked as fuck.

revanxp

ty for all the updates. Keep up the good work
Can you expain what does “Change to 0.024 for hitscan” mean?
What is hitscan?

Phrozen

?

Quoted from octochris

[…]your setup is borked as fuck.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Phrozen

[…]

It might be, since it’s a hardware specific issue, I had the same thing on my P4 – maxframes’s given me around 10 fps less than m0re’s.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from revanxp

ty for all the updates. Keep up the good work
Can you expain what does “Change to 0.024 for hitscan” mean?
What is hitscan?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=hitscan

laress

Well, i’m using dx9frames and i cant minimize game, because after minimize when i want maximize game it crash. How to fix it?

Shifty

Ahm hey,
first of thanks for the cfg’s.
I was wondering about the: r_fastzreject
I have no clue what it is and no idea how to find out if my card supports it.
I got a HIS Ice Q 5770…could you tell me if i can enable it or at last tell me how to find out if my card supports it ? (and yes i have googled it) thanks.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from laress

Well, i’m using dx9frames and i cant minimize game, because after minimize when i want maximize game it crash. How to fix it?

use windowed noborder.

Quoted from Shifty

I got a HIS Ice Q 5770…could you tell me if i can enable it or at last tell me how to find out if my card supports it ? (and yes i have googled it) thanks.

a card that new should support it.

Shifty

thumbs up for the support

Phrozen

?

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
It might be, since it’s a hardware specific issue, I had the same thing on my P4 – maxframes’s given me around 10 fps less than m0re’s.

I’m not talking about 10 fps here mate I had 20 on midpoint and 80-100 at good now I’m getting skyhigh fps. I mean a massive difference, I recently made a topic about laggy demos which were only laggy because I had bad fps.

hINDUs

Phroz3n, as interesting as it may be, provide objective data; benchmark on both configs, provide your HW/software setup and so on. In this b0rked as fuck HW setup is a lesson to be learnt.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 57 58 59 ... 116 Next »