Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 116 Next »

Cheez

Seeing as this is turning into the ‘Ask Chris’ thread:

Basically, I’m at home for summer and my internet is pretty dire (bt). Have just solved the whole wireless vista lag thing but I am still getting lots of choke and the interp is going yellow every now and then which I’m pretty sure is bad. Have tried both of the recommended net settings in your config (35000/40/40/0.025) and (60000/67/67/0.0125) with no better results, is there anything else I can try?

Just out of interest what is a normal amount of choke to get?

Squeak

@nova – only if you make passionate love to me @ lan
@peio – that’s the sort of stupid crap that w7 does which ends up killing FPS, it’s not so much problems with dx but the whole os is just plain nasty in terms of cpu cycles getting stolen by needless crap.
@hykleri – no idea what that’s about. what specs?
@ParanoidAndroid – try using the good ones, they should be fine, otherwise go down to the bad ones. also, not sure what’s going on with your fps issues, i think you must be doing something wrong.
@Cheez – A normal amount of choke to get is 0 assuming you’ve got good net settings. ;) Check the settings on your router if client-side stuff isn’t working out. Yellow lerp is not good, orange lerp is ok — yellow lerp probably means you’ve got a crap server though.

From Chris because his pc hates him

jaks

rhs
RHS

hey chris,

results from the timedemo playbacks:

chris maxframes cfg (v1.044 | 08 June 2010)
5125 frames 37.239 seconds 137.62 fps ( 7.27 ms/f) 14.291 fps variability

chris maxframes cfg (v1.046 BETA | 16 July 2010)
5125 frames 31.823 seconds 161.04 fps ( 6.21 ms/f) 14.121 fps variability

cheers!
jaks

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Both my HDD /and/ my backup just died on me within 5 mins of each other, and I lost my pwd db, so Enef is posting this for me being the gentleman he is (not like Monkeh!)

Anyone interested in trying out the beta can do the instructions here: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dUj5b3Es

I made the new beta completely blind (ie, I do not have a copy of TF2 here, but I guessed what the new commands did), apparently it works nicely and has better performance than the last version, but I would appreciate more testing.

Please post results in this thread! :)

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Chris’ MaxFrames (v1.044 | 08 June 2010)
5125 frames 99.143 seconds 51.69 fps (19.34 ms/f) 3.502 fps variability

Chris’ MaxFrames (v1.046 BETA | 16 July 2010)
5125 frames 98.095 seconds 52.25 fps (19.14 ms/f) 3.496 fps variability

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Enef

so Enef is posting this for me being the gentleman he is (not like Monkeh!)

Wha? How very, very rude! I’m a perfect gentleman I’ll have you know. You’ve obviously never been on the .:ne:. mumble! Enef….a gentleman??? He may have a penis but that’s the only ‘gentlemanly’ attribute you can assign to him.

<3

Enef

fest
#wubafan

BACK IN THE CAGE, MONK.

Monkeh

At first I was like: http://michaelontheair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/monkeys.gif

Now I’m all like: http://lh3.ggpht.com/jayseae/SNPsQfTShYI/AAAAAAAABMg/Ot71j7TFiJE/s800/monkey-in-a-cage.jpg

HAPPY NOW!

Jude

notdoggo

Hey, with your config a few of the textures – namely the new alien hat, badges and pickelhaube to name a few have weird black/orange texture rather than the proper colour.
im using the moreframes cfg btw with dx8. any ideas? :)

Cheez

I think that is a dx 8 bug that he can’t do anything about, if I remember correctly.

Quoted from Cheez

I think that is a dx 8 bug that he can’t do anything about, if I remember correctly.

It is.

hINDUs

hi chris, hope you PC will like you again ;)

i’m using yours maxquality config // v1.020 | 10 June 2010
and i have seen some strange issue
when headshoting/backstabbing somebody the animation of death is played with a delay:

boom, headshot/backstab, body disappear for 0.3 – 1 sec, death animation launch in, body falls, ragdoll stays

it is quite annoying, especially when you expect MAX QUALITY and not bugs all over the place :)

tasKu

e-famous

I’ve got a question.

How can I get my settings to low, since always when I restart TF2 my texture setting goes to High, I’d really want it to the low setting.

Anyway?

Memento Mori

Help me diagnose the cause of the bullshit stutter on midairmod?

eoN^

Quoted from Memento Mori

Help me diagnose the cause of the bullshit stutter on midairmod?

The fact that it never gets reset…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 23 24 25 ... 116 Next »