Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 116 Next »

hINDUs

hi chris, i use the maxquality config v1.020
i got few issues with it
– when playing offline with bots the animation of world is jerky, i just go forward on dustbowl map and every few seconds the world goes back/warp to the state as it was few frames ago.
– mat_antialias “16” doesn’t work on my GTX 260, but 8 is fine what translates to 16xQ CSAA (the max what i can select from options).
– mat_mipmaptextures “0” – gives UGLY aliased wood textures, changing it to 1 return graphics quality to great.
and the WORST ISSUE:
– sometimes (to be honest, quite rarely, in total 3-4 times) i got absolute unplayable graphics glitch, the in game rendered graphics is extremely blurred (something like gaussian blur 10-15 pix), flickering with flashing (cause of hdr?)

confirmed maps where it happens: ctf_2fort, cp_badlands, cp_freight_final1
only in game rendered graphics is blurry, menu, texts, console, scoreboard and so on is ok
got it rarely only on 1 server (but a friend of mine got it too locally, without any plugins or server imposed settings)
when it happens it is reproductable, restarting tf2 or steam doesn’t help
i did not removed the -dxlevel 98 (yes, my bad), but my friend got it too with only -novid on launch options. now i removed it and try to reproduce this bug

my TF2 is vanilla, no huds, no skins

links to screenshots and video of this bug/glitch:
http://img812.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ctf2fort0031.jpg
http://img571.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cpbadlands0050.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-sDTaz-hhQ&hd=1

octochris

(0v0)

I am aware of this “blurred screen” glitch and believe it is somehow related to HDR, but am not able to reproduce it. I am also running a GTX 260. Honeymustard had the problem, but then I told him to delete autoexec, run with -autoconfig, close, and restart with the autoconfig and apparently the issue went away.

The issue is kind of strange. I don’t have a machine to reproduce it on, but I will release a test version and anyone getting this can see if it goes away. :)

Quoted from hINDUs

– mat_mipmaptextures “0” – gives UGLY aliased wood textures, changing it to 1 return graphics quality to great.

It was fine before Valve locked mat_picmip to -1 or higher, I’ve not ran the config since. As I say I have no machine at the moment to test it on, but will put something together.

The warping with bots is likely because your CPU is getting saturated. See what cl_showfps 1 says.

As for mat_antialias 16 not working, CSAA is not the highest it can go. CSAA may be at the top of the list, but 16x MSAA is more powerful (technically speaking, but CSAA can give better results in certain situations). I was sure that 16x MSAA was the value ’16’ in mat_antialias, but I will check it.

KloolK

who is?
CGAY&BB

I have the same problem as Will (black boxes instead of blood). I use highframes.cfg. Setting -dxlevel 90, 95 or 98 fixes that, but it also make the player models very “shiny”. Is there a way to make the models look normal?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from KloolK

I have the same problem as Will (black boxes instead of blood). I use highframes.cfg. Setting -dxlevel 90, 95 or 98 fixes that, but it also make the player models very “shiny”. Is there a way to make the models look normal?

mat_bumpmap 1

Good old censorship crazy Germany! :D

KloolK

who is?
CGAY&BB

Thanks a lot, chris!
Another question: How can I enable these black/yellow borders around the control points?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from KloolK

Thanks a lot, chris!
Another question: How can I enable these black/yellow borders around the control points?

AFAIK they should be there.

If they aren’t they are probably an overlay and can be turned back on with r_renderoverlayfragment 1

KloolK

who is?
CGAY&BB

“r_renderoverlayfragment 1” works, thanks. I was only talking about the borders on the middlepoint of badlands, the ones on the final point are always visible.

Hunt3r

LAME

how can i enable in the moreframes.cfg a normal looking critcharge? so that there arent only those sparkles around the weapon, but the weapon also shines in red/blue…

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Hunt3r

how can i enable in the moreframes.cfg a normal looking critcharge? so that there arent only those sparkles around the weapon, but the weapon also shines in red/blue…

Please demonstrate comparison screenshots, as a medic I am unaware of what you’re talking about (unless I’ve just got used to it).

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Please demonstrate comparison screenshots, as a medic I am unaware of what you’re talking about (unless I’ve just got used to it).

He means the weapon glowing as well as the crit lightning.

Hunt3r

LAME

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

He means the weapon glowing as well as the crit lightning.

yup :)

stuntz

Quoted from Hunt3r

Its a DX 9 feature and put in Mat_specular 1 ( it shines)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from stuntz

[…]

Its a DX 9 feature and put in Mat_specular 1 ( it shines)

It already has mat_specular 1.

I’ve never noticed the difference, but I guess there is one and I’ve just got used to it. Sorry, I don’t think it’s possible to change it (since it is a particle effect that can merely be turned on or off), must have a different effect linked to dx8.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I assume the command that you are looking for is r_worldlights, which defaults at 4. It is only supported in dx9, tho.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Rake

I assume the command that you are looking for is r_worldlights, which defaults at 4. It is only supported in dx9, tho.

r_worldlights has nothing to do with on-weapon effects…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 116 Next »