Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 100 101 102 ... 116 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from octochris

Sorry, I was banned until Valentines day because the ETF2L admins wanted to give me something to do tonight.

Did you do something nice for your hand tonight, extra lotion?

BOOM!!!!

But seriously I got no issues and just want to say thanks for you configs.

dougiie

CotC

my fps is capped at 120 for some strange reason, I have fps_max 0 so I have no idea why it’s doing this..

I’ve tried reinstalling the config but no change.. :(

IronHawk

F!
moog

Quoted from dougiie

my fps is capped at 120 for some strange reason, I have fps_max 0 so I have no idea why it’s doing this..

I’ve tried reinstalling the config but no change.. :(

You can’t cap the fps to 0 (unlimited) if i remember correctly, it sets it normally to 300…
You should check the other cfgs you load every time/launchoptions. I had once some weird backup cfg folder messing up everything, not sure if that even exists anymore.

dougiie

CotC

well fuck I found the issue, sorrry :'(

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from IronHawk

[…]

You can’t cap the fps to 0 (unlimited) if i remember correctly, it sets it normally to 300…

Not true.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Yeah zero is not a number you silly heads.

jahrein

Dline

alright here’s the thing… i have normally like 160-200 fps. (well i used to). Then somehow since 1 month i have fps between 200-30. It really pisses me off like i play it frame per frame. I got like 200 for 2 mins then 30 for like 10 mins and yeah it is a dream to be good at 30 fps. I had high frames so i figured “yeah why not i’ll just change to max fps”. And there is absolutely no friggin change. It still is the same, which makes no sense since max should have more frames than high right…. well not for me. So i have done the defragmentation stuff cuz some of my buddies said it could be a deflect harddisk issue. It did not help. Some said that i should do exceptions on tf2 containing folders/running programs on my anti-virus program. No change… Then i literally uninstalled my anti-virus: no damn change. I found out that the steam cloud would cause something like this. So i deleted all steam cloud related configs both from my user folder and game folder and allowed tf2 to make new configs for steam cloud. It worked i had like new notifications in game. But it didnt help my fps issue. I really dont know whatever could cause this im begging you guys to HELP ME. I might format my whole system (which i dont want to do… ) or delete TF2 and reinstall if it’d help. But otherwise i dont have any other ideas.

specs:
intel i5 460m
4gb ddr3 ram
2gb graphic card (geforce gt 420m)
200 gb free memory on the harddisk.

edit: vsync is also off on nvidia settings
edit: and i have even dropped down the resolution 2 levels (bigass characters on the screen but it did not help either)

Last edited by jahrein,

wrock

vier

Quoted from jahrein

alright here’s the thing… i have normally like 160-200 fps. (well i used to). Then somehow since 1 month i have fps between 200-30. It really pisses me off like i play …

check for your graka and cpu temps, turn off steam(go offline) and deactivate the overlay, check you specs when youre ingame too much cpu, memory usage?

edit: drivers?

Last edited by wrock,

jahrein

Dline

as i said it changes all the time i dont get any constant stuff so the things you say may differ from time to time hence i have to be in game to get that kind of fps (30ish)

jahrein

Dline

oh btw my drivers are pretty newly updated. i updated graphcard driver like 1 month ago so im pretty sure it’s ok

Scorch

LZ.war

Quoted from jahrein

…since 1 month i have fps between 200-30.

Quoted from jahrein

i updated graphcard driver like 1 month ago so im pretty sure it’s ok

You should probably try to update them again.

jahrein

Dline

yup no new updates

Benvarmeren

Hi i have maxframes and i downloaded it new because i got a new pc but whatever
anyways last time i had your cfg it made ragdolls dissaper but it doesnt do anymore
how to fix it?

Also sorry for bad english

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Benvarmeren

Hi i have maxframes and i downloaded it new because i got a new pc but whatever
anyways last time i had your cfg it made ragdolls dissaper but it doesnt do anymore
how to fix it?

Also sorry for bad english

Probably one of two things, you either didn’t execute the config successfully or some existing config is conflicting (perhaps synced from Steam Cloud)?

Benvarmeren

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

Probably one of two things, you either didn’t execute the config successfully or some existing config is conflicting (perhaps synced from Steam Cloud)?

I didnt understand a word of that tbh :/

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 100 101 102 ... 116 Next »