Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 Next »

codcrille

Fresh.

More like add the fuck up or watch your favorite game never progress.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/qtip58/Pics/son_i_am_disappoint.gif

kurt

trick17
trick17

What about the maps? Page says nothing about the maps or i can’t find it

jason

PHX

Perhaps 64 team cups are the way forward? Looks like the community doesn’t have the stomach for 128 team cups. Whether that is due to being bad days/times, registration, don’t want to rape/be raped or general apathy?

64 fills up quickly and still ends up with the same final 16 or so.
Perhaps creating some enthusiasm through exclusivity is the way to go?

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

you can not expect that 128 teams have time on a fixed date,
that would equal 64 matches
and look at http://etf2l.org/about/calendar/
monday-thursday are 20-30 matches usually

skinnie

TCM

you can expect them to sign up at least ?!

skinnie

TCM

dougiie

CotC

we wont be signing up for this unfortunatley, due to just having some roster changes, and generally not enjoying playing these cups,however we did enjoy the cup which had upper and lower brackets, because at least we knew we would be playing more than a 10min rape map.
I’m all for promoting tf2, but I would much rather practice against a team of our skill and benefit from it, than play a div1-2 team and be raped in 10mins leaving everyone depressed and generally not up for playing much that night!

Its very easy for you guys playing for div1-2 teams saying ‘omg wtf sign up’ – but try see it from the point of view of div5-6 players. You wouldnt enjoy getting the piss taken out of you by a much better team, would you? It does nothing for team morale or anything :(

If its about the ‘numbers’ you want, then sure, I’ll sign up my team, and just default the 1st round to whatever div1-2 we get? :)

Menace

Quoted from dougiie

Its very easy for you guys playing for div1-2 teams saying ‘omg wtf sign up’ – but try see it from the point of view of div5-6 players. You wouldnt enjoy getting the piss taken out of you by a much better team, would you? It does nothing for team morale or anything :(

This

Last edited by Menace,

Insomniak

Girafe >
UKF

Quoted from dougiie

Quoted from Peio

Guess what, most of the time it’s not fun either for div2 teams.
Here’s how goes a “normal” esh cup for us:
– 1st round, we play a div6 team and we win.
– 2nd round, we play some div1 team (TCM – my ass still hurts) and get raped just like we raped the div6 team. End of the cup.

DominiX

sP.

64 teams or 128 low/high brackets would be the solution for this imho. Peeps aren’t having the fun or excitment as they had the first few one night wonders as well as having to play against some div1 team or the other way arround.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

We are looking into changing our format for future tournaments. Maybe we’ll try something different next time and see how that goes.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from skinnie

its fucking lol like the pro teams act.
all they say is “omg dumbs sign up even if you have no time – just give defwin then – cos we need money omg omg!!!”

its some kind of lame.
change the system cos there is definitly no reason why a div5 / div6 team to sign up just to get raped and to help div1 teams to get money – so WHERE IS THE FUCKING MOTIVATION ?!?!?!

btw the motivation will not grow if you call us dump stupid selffish cos it doesnt make sense for us to sign up.
how about the Englisch system so if you are lucky you will have a div6 team in round1 and with much luck and a lucky drawing you can reach day2….

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Dr-Gimpfen are you really just acting like an idiot or are your really an idiot? I can’t figure it out.

skinnie

TCM

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]
its fucking lol like the pro teams act.
all they say is “omg dumbs sign up even if you have no time – just give defwin then – cos we need money omg omg!!!”

its some kind of lame.
change the system cos there is definitly no reason why a div5 / div6 team to sign up just to get raped and to help div1 teams to get money – so WHERE IS THE FUCKING MOTIVATION ?!?!?!

btw the motivation will not grow if you call us dump stupid selffish cos it doesnt make sense for us to sign up.
how about the Englisch system so if you are lucky you will have a div6 team in round1 and with much luck and a lucky drawing you can reach day2….

take your pills or something ? where did you see me call anyone dumb ?

If you look at cs:s esh cups , they get filled easily (128/128) and I think Power-gaming won like the last cups … strange

maybe you can learn something from the cs:s attitude after all, at least they are not scared of losing and have an anti-div1 attitude that seems to continue to grow here

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 Next »