Forum

TF2 AutoDemo | A program for auto-saving game demos

Created 20th July 2009 @ 14:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

DDgeva

Heh, I find it funny that this got released a day after I released my own demo autorenamer (although it was crappy :p). But it’s pretty cool how your program actually reads the console and works from it. Given me some good ideas too. We’ll have to see though if the new demo system will go, but for now this program’s pretty good.

Actually, I owe a lot of credit (which I forgot to give) to Renegade, creator of the HLDJ mod. He introduced me to some ideas and techniques that made the creation of this program possible.
If you have any idea for my program or another program, I’ll be happy if you share it with me, maybe I can help or we can work together on something.
[email protected]

Geva.

P.S. I’m going an vacation for a few days so don’t be insulted if I don’t answer :)
I’ll continue to solve problems when I come back, Saturday.

M0re

so whats happening in here?

eoN^

Yeah, id really like to see this work with the mp_tournament thing, there is a sm mod that auto starts recording an STV demo whenever a tournament starts and stops when the timelimit / score limit is hit.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=824438

Maybe that will help?:x

gryzor

I’d presume if the server writes anything in the logs when the game starts / both teams have readied up, there is not any problem.

Something that struck me was the demo-recording in ETF2L. Not that this is very hard to do and you get used to it manually every match — but it’d be quite nice if it’d listen to some simple commands such as [MATCH]:TeamA,TeamB and automatically set everyones recorders to stop recording per round and start a new pov-demo at tournament-start, as described above. This would of course require the player to hold down yet another button to accept the settings so people would not abuse it on pubs/pcws or whatever, but that’s a small price to pay :)

It’s make things truly easy and simple for a lot of people and would most likely give you a huge following.

M0re

you dont need this program if you play officia, then just record normally. but in pcw’s etc this is handy, id like to see autoname by class frags and time. havent read every post so dunno if you already explained to someone if its possible or not.

eoN^

I think tbh its a good idea for people who want to make frag movies etc but for matches itd prefer just one big demo rather than per life… But i dunno

black

trick17
trick17

DDgeva, are you still here?

medfoo

trick17

i use windows 7 and the programm is installed correctly, but i have the feeling that the demo isn´t really startet, if i press “w”. also the demo is as long as the whole match (about 30 minutes). i already deleted the config entries, which are made by the programm and installed them again, but still the same problem.

did i something wrong or is it based on the os?

EDIT: i think the game doesn´t work, if you connect on a server via the console. Not sure though.

KhaoZ

CA
GC

Great idea good luck with the progrem guys!

Daggial

fap

news about this?

flushy

P.O.P

bump?

Memento Mori

All his not-hats got taken away and everyone else got given a halo.

Nihilm

Does this get you VAC banned now(after the idle fiasco) or not?

Nihilm

bump

saiboat

no ffs

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »