Online demo playback at demos.tf

Created 5th March 2017 @ 22:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Icewind

(FISH)
-Xe-

View stv demos directly in the browser

example

After countless hours of work I’m happy to announce the ability to view stv demos in your browser, making it easy for individuals and teams to review and analyze games.

Usage

You can view any demo stored on the site by clicking the “View” button on the demo page, or you can go to the viewer page and select a demo file from your computer.

While viewing a demo you can zoom and look around the map to get the best view of the action.
You can navigate trough the demo using the timeline at the bottom, with the overall team health graphs giving an indication about the time pushes and other events happened.

Synchronized viewing

To make it easy to review a game with your team, the option exist to synchronize the playback of a demo for multiple users.

When viewing a demo stored on the site, you can use the “link” button in the top left to create a “share link”.

Anyone using that link will then have it’s playback synchronized with yours allowing a multiple people to review the same demo while making sure that everybody is looking at the exact same moment during the push.

The demo viewer can be found at everybody’s favorite automated demo uploading website demos.tf, for people interested in the magic behind the scenes, the source of the viewer and demo parser can be found over at github.

Last edited by Icewind,

Pepis

TBPITU

Are you planning to implement a function for adding comments/annotations to these demos and then be viewed by anyone later on?

Last edited by Pepis,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Fucking A

Collaide

Is this real life… wow

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Holy shit.

STiNGHAN

inVincible

Thank you

NeuTronas

Wow. That’s incredible

adje

This is incredibly cool and I can’t imagine how many hours you’ve spent programming this. I’ve tried this for a demo or two and I have a few remarks, but regardless this is pretty darn amazing.

– It would be nice if you could keep track of the ubers, since that’s kind of a big deal if you want people to go use this for strategizing.

– I don’t see this being a problem in 6v6 and the tool is probably made with 6s in mind, but in Highlander it looks a bit messy to have 18 icons randomly floating around over the map especially during pushes and big fights, it would be nice if you could hide some of the icons for classes that are less relevant for the on-going situation, or add a highlight to some (or maybe I just haven’t figured out how to do it).
https://puu.sh/uwM3T.png

– I don’t know what the reason for this is and it’s not really a major problem since reloading the page several times fixes it for most demos, but I get this error sometimes:
https://puu.sh/uwLY7.png

Icewind

(FISH)
-Xe-

– I don’t know what the reason for this is and it’s not really a major problem since reloading the page several times fixes it for most demos, but I get this error sometimes:
https://puu.sh/uwLY7.png

I believe to have a fix for the “voiceInit” problem, will probably push a fix tomorrow

Icewind

(FISH)
-Xe-

Quoted from Icewind

[…]

I believe to have a fix for the “voiceInit” problem, will probably push a fix tomorrow

Fix is pushed and should work now

BaaBo

-Xe-

big Icewind from demos.tf coming in huge with new things

Add A Reply Pages: 1